• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

PLJ's 'blown off'

""""Later on I heard you tube clip of Opie and Anthony talking about these fake phone scams and that one was on there."""

That was maybe the best "Jocktober" bit they ever did, where they ripped on Premiere Radio's Prepburger service and the fakey "War Of The Roses" bit.

Old thread, but WTH... It's all theater. It's entertainment. You like it, you like it. You don't, press scan. Half the "content" (as it's called these days) that goes down in the world of entertainment isn't real, but still, so many of us buy in. That's why it's called show business.

It's all theater? Half the stuff on the radio that is presented as real is fake?

How do you know this?

The question is of course rhetorical. You don't know it, you just like to say that you do because, well it sounds good.

I'm looking for facts not conjecture.

After listening to hundreds of Blown off segments during the past few years, I finally came to realize that most if not all were indeed fake. There were a few slip ups that were obvious after listening to so many episodes. But it was very entertaining and I'm sorry to see it go with the demise of WPLG radio which will cease broadcasting in a few short weeks after almost half a century of existence.

I would LOVE to see and hear Todd Pettengill "blow off" EMF and prank them until EMF sells the station. Loads of fun.

I would LOVE to see and hear Todd Pettengill "blow off" EMF and prank them until EMF sells the station. Loads of fun.
That’s not how that works.

On the other hand, it’s about time Todd got the boot, especially after what supposedly happened with driving Scott out. CBS has thrived since he arrived...Todd’s been average to terrible without him since.

I'm pretty sure that EMF puts a clause in their purchase contracts that the seller will not permit any kind of negativity on the air prior to the closing.

I know of many stations bought to convert to Spanish language formats that have put such wording in their contracts, even including penalty amounts for repeated violations.

Would that have included Dahl playing "Highway to Hell" and other such songs right before the WLUP flip?

I'm pretty sure that EMF puts a clause in their purchase contracts that the seller will not permit any kind of negativity on the air prior to the closing.

I know of many stations bought to convert to Spanish language formats that have put such wording in their contracts, even including penalty amounts for repeated violations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom