Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLJ's 'blown off'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PLJ's 'blown off'

I boycotted PLJ last year, but since I found out that this might be the hacks last year on the radio, I decided to check it out every n ow and then just to see how bad it can get.

and then came 'blown off'.... does anyone actually buy that these are real? There was one that was so bad, they didn't even TRY to make it sound convincing.
    Apparently this is a national radio bit, just like two strangers and a wedding was, that PLJ seems to have picked up. i'd be curious if you hear the same actors on the phone at the other radio stations playing different 'characters'...

and the fact that listeners buy this stuff.....then again, they fooled me with phone scams for about 15 years...... ;o)

Unregistered
    I don't know what a "blown off" is but Todd's phone scams are just that, scams with fake phone calls. They are presented as real calls when they aren't. There should be a disclaimer that the participants are acting.

Would that make them funnier?

Phil Hendrie had fake phone "guests" on his show for years.
    He was the voice of his call-in guests. It was a one man show.

Moderator/Co-Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't know what a "blown off" is but Todd's phone scams are just that, scams with fake phone calls. They are presented as real calls when they aren't. There should be a disclaimer that the participants are acting.
    Yeah. And all scripted TV shows, whether sitcoms or drama, should have a notice saying "The following show is fiction. The characters portrayed are actors following a script" in case anyone thinks that they are reality shows or real life.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, Billboard, Cash Box, R&R, Record World, Music & Media, Audio, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, Popular Electronics, Studio Sound, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidEduardo View Post

Yeah. And all scripted TV shows, whether sitcoms or drama, should have a notice saying "The following show is fiction. The characters portrayed are actors following a script" in case anyone thinks that they are reality shows or real life.
    It seems like you have a reading comprehension problem. I wrote that the phone scams are presented as real calls. Sitcoms are not. Is that simple enough for you to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here In Philly I caught the morning show on WPST in Trenton do an obvious fake phone scam. The guy on the show calls up a woman and says her husband bought her a Gym membership at the local gym complete with personal training sessions. The woman argues she doesn't need them but her husband does. She overacts.. really.. and gets too upset about it.. After much bad acting. The guys tells her shes on the radio with him. And she immediately laughs and is not upset anymore. DID YOU GUYS IN NYC HEAR THAT ONE YET?

You know that the call is fake if the person on the other end of the line sounds surprised.
    Before a station can record a call or put a live call on the air, they must ask permission from the person on the other end of the line.

Even the reality shows on TV are pretty heavily produced. They may revolve around real people, but a lot of what they do is pretty much planned in advance.

Kind of ironic that the poster who is calling for full disclosure is posting from an unregistered account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast