• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I Wanna be Sedated by The Ramones

It was originally played on rock stations, as was most of the punk rock of that era, so sure, now it's classic rock.

The thing about The Ramones is they were mostly regional, as was a big part of the punk movement. So you're not likely to hear them on stations outside the northeast.

I think its a classic, why not? I think is as famouse as ACDC´s "Thunderstruck" or Guns and Roses´s "Sweet Child on Mine", besides in 1978 is probably one of the most important songs from that year. That song were composed by the ramones in the same time when ACDC published "Powerage" or Kiss´s "The Originals II"... Which non of them were truly relevant, so...

Source: derock.net

Agree that in the Northeast the Ramones are definitely classic rock. I remember hearing it played by the organist at Fenway Park before a Red Sox game circa 2002, put a big smile on my face!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom