• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

why no Brandmeier in Phoenix?

I'm in disbelief there's no terrestrial AM/FM home here for the guy who helped build KZZ-freakin-P. How is such an oversight even possible? Any explanation would be much appreciated, thanks.

Unless I'm mistaken, I think you'll be able to hear him at the end of the month when he replaces Dennis Miller...

I wonder how many even remember him.
Most people under 35 don't even know who he is, and I doubt that today's KZZP listeners would listen an old geezer.

Brandmeier? Why?

I'm in disbelief there's no terrestrial AM/FM home here for the guy who helped build KZZ-freakin-P. How is such an oversight even possible? Any explanation would be much appreciated, thanks.

Because nobody who listens to that station today knows who the heck he was. And, he's known more as a Chicago personality than a Phoenix personality -- he was only here two years in the early '80s. And a relic of '80s & '90s Chicago radio at that. Most of his listeners are at the top end of the Sacred Sales Demo, and those listeners are not from Phoenix. As far as his Phoenix tenure goes, you might as well be talking about Lucky Lawrence (OK, not quite, but he's still old news).

Besides, if he's replacing Dennis Miller, he'd air on 960, a station that would probably want nothing to do with his type of act. I'm sure they'll air something else in that spot.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom