• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Revised List of Web-only AC Stations

M

Music Lover

After doing some further sampling of web-only AC stations, I have revised my list. I've asked the mods to close the old list.

As with the previous list, because some of the selections on some of these stations are a little bit edgy, I've decided to put this list in the main AC forum.

Several of the stations on this list have apps so that you can listen using various mobile devices. They also can be listened to via various media players (iTunes, Windows Media, Real Player, etc.).

Soft N Easy Net Radio
www.softneasy.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Soft-N...o/276449947249

Lite 99 WLTB-DB
www.lite99online.com
www.facebook.com/lite99online

Joy 99.5
www.joy995.com
www.facebook.com/Joy995Online

:rolleyes: If you don't like something, skip over and don't reply to it.

I think this one must be based in the UK. I've heard a lot of UK performers - both old and new - in the mix.

Some Radionomy stations go to a commercial break. Some go to an instrumental break. This is one that goes to an instrumental break every now and then. The instrumental break on this station consists of ambient music (New Age/lite techno).

I used to be able to listen to some of the Live365 streams I mentioned here in my iTunes library. When I upgraded to iTunes 11 a few months ago, the Live365 stations no longer say "Continuous". They now have stop times (example: 3 hours) and the stop times are grayed out, making it so you can't change the time. Apparently they must want their stations accessed only via their website, and, if your cell phone is hi-tech, their mobile apps.

The thing I hate about stations on Radionomy is that when one goes down due to tech issues, music from another stream will temporarily take it's place, and the temporary music doesn't match stylistically what's played on the regular station.

Another issue with Radionomy stations is that stations can be repetitive when they first start. From what I've heard, the stations are limited to a certain amount of music for their first couple of months.

Who determines the music libraries for online only streams? Are the song titles researched the same as terrestrial stations?

Who determines the music libraries for online only streams? Are the song titles researched the same as terrestrial stations?

As far as I know, small webcasters don't do research. They're helping to fill musical voids. They've played obscure songs and album tracks as well as hits. They've played major label artists as well as indie label artists.

Not sure about the larger webcasters, such as Accuradio or 181.fm or Big R Radio, though. Those offer multiple genre channels such as rock, pop, jazz, classical, oldies, country, urban, Latin, world music, etc. Of the channels I've listened to on those sites, they seem to be more hit-driven.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom