• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

93.5 in Palm Beach County

and WSVU has a good AM signal with 590 and (2) FM translators.

WSVU has two FM translators alright, but it's on 960 AM :) WAFC also has two translators and is on 590 (also plays semi-oldies and was the former True Oldies Channel affiliate)

What about selling 93.5 to Zoo so that they could simulcast Revolution 93.5 on it? Then they could claim continuous coverage all the way from Jupiter to the Keys

What about selling 93.5 to Zoo so that they could simulcast Revolution 93.5 on it? Then they could claim continuous coverage all the way from Jupiter to the Keys

I happened to be in West Palm this morning and tried tuning in to 93.5 on Haverhill Road between Okeechobee Blvd. and 45th St. If they've put the new facility on the air it hasn't made a great deal of difference, I was getting lots of static and flutter.

I happened to be in West Palm this morning and...was getting lots of static and flutter.
Yesterday brought us the strongest thermal opening to the Gulf coast in a long while.
However, with 93.3-FLZ to the north and 93X on 93.7 to the south, nothing exists over there on 93½,
so your experience is probably accurate.

I have seen so many stations making such small "improvements", that I had to encase that word in bold quotes.
The Call, WMKL took in lots of donations a few months ago to do that,
and now they bring many more alligators to Christ with a much better signal.

If you like music from the 60's or 70's, then 93.5 is the station. The signal has improved and can be heard traveling anywhere in Palm Beach County. Jay Zeger is the only local live DJ with the majority automated Scott Shannon. The only mention to Belle Glade is on the top of the hour legal ID, otherwise it is promoted as the true oldies channel for the Palm Beaches.

I disagree that the station can be heard anywhere in Palm Beach County. The signal is terrible in Boca. It isn't receivable on a Walkman in Lantana. There's static on Singer Island as well.

Have they been working on their signal this past week? Or having some transmitter problems? I've noted periods when they've been off the air. The signal does NOT seem to have improved, though. It's spotty when you drive through WPB on 95, but clearer in north county and into Martin County. They are a great addition to the local lineup, though!

This has been discussed pretty well in this thread (and others). Zoo is never going to sell their Fort Lauderdale 93.5 translator. Right now they have all the 93.5s from Fort Lauderdale into Miami and created a little radio network for themselves. Revolution Radio isn't going anywhere. Besides, translators must be local the the station they are translating. That 93.5 translator for Revolution/Zoo is in Broward and not local to WBDF. Sure, JVC could buy it, Zoo could sell it to them, BUT, JVC could not translate 93.5 True Oldies onto it.

Also, the 93.5 WBGF signal is improved and it's done. They moved 7 miles east. There is no more room to move or "boost" the signal, as they must protect 93.7 WGYL in Vero Beach. If JVC could have moved into DT WBP as a Class A at 3,000, they would have done that instead of remaining a Class C3 and only moving 7 miles, instead of 40 miles.

So, no more moving, no more "boosting" and no "translating" is happening for 93.5 WBGF.

As for the station being off the air. That could be the result of field testing for the new translator at 93.5 W228DO. This is the new translator, which put in a new application on 1/20/2017, for Jorgenson's WFLL 1400 AM. You can view the Protected and Interfering Contours Map and see 93.5 W228DO as it relates to WBGF 93.5 and W228BV 93.5 for Zoo/Revolution Radio.

I was listening to 92.5 this morning and it sounds like the audio is out of phase. 'Black Water' by the Doobie Brothers was playing and the backing harmony was completely wiped out. Sounded fine on the main 93.5 signal, though. Also, it sounds like the signal is being delivered by webstream (lots of sparkle in the audio), maybe they'll be able to mount an antenna at some point and pull in 93.5 on a good receiver.

If the left and right channels are out of phase, then anything monaural,
such as voice announcements, should be muted, silent, not there.

W223CJ 92.5 Channel 223 is owned by Circuitwerks, and at one time translated WWRF 1380 Radio Fiesta, owned by Circuitwerks.

This translator was in Orlando as W225CA at 92.9 and translated WXXL 106.7 in Orlando. Circuitwerks moved it down to WPB.

I see no "sale" or licensing changes for the translator. It seems JVC is leasing it from Circuitwerks and webstreaming to it until a proper antenna is put in place.

Speaking of WWRF . . . there is a nice, little history on 1380 AM, once known as WLIZ, then WLVS. Sam Phillips of Sun Studios fame (and "The King), owned it. Thanks to a 2005 post by Radio Sticker of the Day. But, in case that link gets truncated and you can't get to the link:

"WLIZ was a Religious station licensed to Lake Worth, Florida from 1975 until the mid 1980s. The station first went on the air in 1959 and was owned by record producer Sam Phillips, best known for discovering Elvis Presley and signing him to his Sun Records label. Phillips named WLIZ for ELIZabeth Taylor because "she was the hottest female going in 1959." The station was run entirely by women, both on-the-air and management positions, something Phillips had tried previously at WHER in Memphis. The all-girl WLIZ played show tunes, ballads and light jazz but no rock and roll--odd given the fact that its owner played such a huge part in rock history. By 1988 the station had changed its calls to WLVS (W-ELViS?) Currently 1380 AM is a Regional Mexican station "Radio Fiesta" WWRF."

Even has an old WLIZ Bumper Sticker. Cool.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom