• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

progrssive talk show for part 15 stations?

is anyone doing a progressive talk show geared toward part 15 stations? there are plenty of conservative talk shows but no progressive ones that i have found.

You might want to look into...

Attitude with Arnie Arnesen
Democracy Now with Amy Goodman
The Thom Hartmann Radio Program

All available to community stations through Pacifica. Pacifica Audioport has additional shows, which you might want to look at also.
And check out the PRX website for their shows.

oh i would love to bring Thom Hartmann to my station i listen to him along with Norman Goldman and sometimes democracy now. the thing i ran into with DN was they don't use static links (otherwise they would be perfect addition) i would have to manually insert the program each day. everything i do needs to have static links to automate everything. i believe i can pull a static stream link down via automation as well

You might also consider looking for some liberal programs, though the three that Fred suggested are liberal.

thom hartmann is about as liberal as they come (though at times he can be a little too liberal even for me) and i will certainly investigate his program. i did not realize a nationally syndicated program such as thom hartmann would syndicate over low power stations. if you are a progressive i would give Norman Goldman a listen Monday through Friday (i think 2pm-5pm Eastern) at http://www.normangoldman.com/ i have a lot of respect for him. he hasn't ever hesitated to call out democrats when they are in the wrong just as he does republicans. i have even more respect for him than i do most of the other talkers on either side although i have been informed that i may have to give glen beck a listen that he has gone independent and attempts to present both sides of a issue since his recent brush with death. i am more of a independent / centrist. left on some things, right / libertarian on some things.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom