• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Too early to just cut us off

vchimpanzee

Walk of Fame Participant
I haven't tried any AC stations today but I just know what the result will be.

I already know America's Best Music is back to "normal". That is not an AC format but sounds pretty much the same all year long as it does at Christmas. Actually, it sounds MORE traditional the rest of the year.

Yes, AC listeners who like the Christmas music. You may be in an area where you can hear this great music all year long but the subject matter will be different.

I still listen to my Christmas CD's through New Year's Day. And I have so many Christmas movies, I continue to watch them well into January.

I didn't actually listen to America's Best Music yet but I just know what it'll sound like. WEZV in Myrtle Beach SC is back to "normal". Even the soft material is annoying! And it's not all soft.

When there is no more music on the radio, I usually listen to the Yule Log from 2009 which is on my oldest TiVo, one I thought had quit working a few years ago. But it was still playing even if it couldn't record. I wasn't going to fix it by having the hard drive replaced. This is the most traditional Christmas music I have access to. Some is Christian, and a lot of that is choirs with an organ. If only we had a station with that kind of music. Actually, when BBN plays music, they probably do. I just never think to listen because they're usually not playing music.

Last edited:
I should have investigated further. iHeart's WMAG Greensboro NC was still playing Christmas music at 6:30 on Wednesday. I could have been listening Tuesday. I am listening now when the music is good and they're not doing endless commercials.

WZKY Albemarle NC advertised all-Christmas music throughout December but they were back to regular music (oldies, not classic hits) Wednesday.

A correction to my Yule Log post. Some music with choirs, but not as much as I thought. Even less with organ.

The DJ on WMAG told us we might be hearing this song for the last time. I don't know what that means exactly, but it's still Christmas music at this point. Although they do keep playing "Sweet Dreams" and "Iris" to represent the 80s and 90s as thy occasionally tell us the station plays the best of the 80s, 90s and today. I don't know the song that represents "today".

Let me add that a large mall I went to yesterday had Christmas music.

And the DJ on WMAG has announced all-80s for tomorrow. So I guess that's the end of it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom