• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Songs that weren't country to begin with

FYI She put out a new album last year. First one in a long time.

Since 2002, she's recorded three for Narada Records (including a second Christmas album, "Joy For Christmas Day," Two West Virginia-rooted albums (Coal and Calling Me Home) on her own Captain Potato label and Sugar Hill respectively) and the latest, Pretty Bird, which covers a broad range of styles and subject matter. Her husband, Jon Vezner, still writes songs in Nashville, and she has retained a loyal fan base that continues to make touring worthwhile, even as she turns 60 in a few months. She also has a following in the UK, as many folk-influenced American country stars of the '60s through '80s have, and tours there every few years.

May I recommend Kathy Mattea? I saw her in concert for the first time 30 years ago this August and a couple of dozen times since. She puts on a great show, full of funny stories and slightly off-color asides, and of course that rich voice (lower in register now but still a pleasure to listen to) and consistently outstanding backing musicians. These days, her shows are more folk/gospel than country, although she still plays plenty of hits and personal favorites from her chart-topping years. Definitely worth the price of admission if she's in your area.

Love Kathy Mattea.She's true country music...Seen her in concert years ago and end up meeting her at one show...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom