• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Pirate Radio On 105.3

Brian Voice Guy

New Participating Member
For several days now I have heard mainly rock on 105.3. The signal is fairly strong near Triana Blvd. and Bob Wallace Ave. I can get it at my house in north HSV and almost to Madison, AL. A station from Tupelo, MS took over then. There is no talking or imaging/ID. Just mixing music.

For several days now I have heard mainly rock on 105.3. The signal is fairly strong near Triana Blvd. and Bob Wallace Ave. I can get it at my house in north HSV and almost to Madison, AL. A station from Tupelo, MS took over then. There is no talking or imaging/ID. Just mixing music.

This would be Huntsville's second pirate radio station. The first one is the Galaxy Of Lights' 98.5 FM, 1 Watt ? Christmas Station. I thought this station could become a legal low power station but I guess they don't want to mess with the FCC.

I'm pretty sure the galaxy of lights station is just a Part 15, which is completely legal.

I checked out the pirate and sure enough its just as you said. I wonder how long it will be on before it gets shut down.

I'm pretty sure the galaxy of lights station is just a Part 15, which is completely legal.

I checked out the pirate and sure enough its just as you said. I wonder how long it will be on before it gets shut down.

If the Galaxy Of Lights station is legal they would have call letters. I have never heard call letters on it.

Part 15's don't have call letters. You can look up all about part 15's & how the work on the fcc website.

I have determined that the transmission on 105.3 is south of Drake Ave, north of Weatherly Rd. and east of Memorial Parkway. It must be coming from a home on a ridge between the Parkway and Monte Sano Mtn. I can pick it up at 72 and Hughes Rd. in Madison and at the top of the mountain south of Lacey's Spring on 231.

what kind of audio / programming is on 105.3 ? It's not someone's "whole house fm transmitter" is it, repeating someone's cd player or something?

I seriously doubt it's a whole house transmitter. Its much too powerful for that. Its mostly playing rock

I noticed Monday night that they have turned up the audio output. Now it is about even with the rest of our broadcasters.

I have a part 15 on 105.3 rebroadcasting 1029 the buzz from Nashville, but I'm out in Toney, and it dies off fairly quickly from my house, Thread title scared me for a bit, lol. We do have a pirate out here too on 107.1, They claim to be part 15, but the signal goes for several miles. Been there for over a year now. I've contacted them and stated there is no way they are in within part 15 compliance but no luck convincing anyone of anything.

i've got it loud and clear on Redstone right now, and had it fairly decently the whole way down Research Park blvd, with some interference from the 105.3 in Atlanta. playing classic hits / oldies with no IDs at all

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom