• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Angie Austin-New Host of Daybreak USA

Well, Angie's run on Daybreak ended Friday. USA Radio told her Saturday that she had pulled her last day hosting the show. Pretty lousy treatment. I heard the new hosts this morning, but didn't nail down their names. It sounds like a married couple.

Well, Angie's run on Daybreak ended Friday. USA Radio told her Saturday that she had pulled her last day hosting the show. Pretty lousy treatment. I heard the new hosts this morning, but didn't nail down their names. It sounds like a married couple.

Angie will be doing a new show for GCN. I found out today also that USA is discontinuing hourly news as of the end of next month. The new show is an hour shorter than Daybreak so I’d have an hour hole to plug. I do think I like Angie better than the new hosts who have apparently been with USA a long time, but the new show is ok. Sounds like they did treat her pretty lousy. There have been many rumors floating around about the solvency of USA, but apparently they are now cutting back to just talk shows. Trending Today USA was given the ax this month also, it’s too bad, both were good shows I carried on my station.

Looks to me that "Daybreak USA" is no longer listed on USARadio.com. Did they also rename the program?

I would not be surprised if USA Radio Networks is having financial trouble. Hard to sell national spots when:
- their programs are only aired on second and third tier stations, if at all. I was able to find a total of five affiliates for their evening program, "The Wayne Allyn Root Show" in a quick Google.
- the overall environment for national radio advertising is weak.
- the talk radio format is getting weaker

They haven't renamed the show to my knowledge. The new hosts still refer to it as 'Daybreak USA'. I also liked Trending Today USA, but it became harder to find. I did listen to it on KELY, but they moved it to overnights to make room for Wayne Allan Root. I knew Angie was starting a new morning show and it already airs in Denver. I hope she can get carriage. Chris Barnes is a good news reader. I hope he finds another gig when USA Radio ends news updates.

I appreciate the information. It's hard to find out much about anything regarding USA Radio. Money issues are likely at the heart of this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom