Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much experience will I need before getting a full time gig in the radio biz?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens View Post
    I honestly wouldn't do that.
    I certainly do not blame you. Working the "street team" has not been the highlight of my broadcasting career so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Sometimes it's worth it to take a step back in order to move a few steps ahead. I took a big pay cut when I left being a union engineer. It paid off in the long run.
    Also true, sometimes you have no choice if you want to get further into the business.

This is rare anymore, but I am aware of an upcoming opening in a small market in Western Washington for a morning on-air person. This person must love people, love the business, have a good clean sense of humor, be a self-starter with great ideas, be humble but self-assured, be willing to work 25 hours a week on the air and spend another dozen or so hours being creative, producing commercials, spending time out in the community getting involved, developing name recognition,etc. I understand this is a fulltime position that pays substantially more than minimum wage. Some experience with broadcast automation and digital editing software preferred.
    KSWW (AC) "Sunny" 102.1-101.1 -- KJET (Hot AC) "The Jet" 105.7-93.1 -- KANY (Hot Country) "Bigfoot" 107.3 -- KBKW (NewsTalk) "The Talk of Grays Harbor" 1450-100.5 -- KSWW HD-2 (Classic Rock) "The Quake" 103.9 -- KSWW HD-3 "Timber Country" 94.7<br />Keeping radio locally-owned on the Washington Coast.<br />Still using a microphone - 6:10-7:00 am - www.kbkw.com

Quote Originally Posted by bossbill View Post
    This is rare anymore, but I am aware of an upcoming opening in a small market in Western Washington for a morning on-air person. This person must love people, love the business, have a good clean sense of humor, be a self-starter with great ideas, be humble but self-assured, be willing to work 25 hours a week on the air and spend another dozen or so hours being creative, producing commercials, spending time out in the community getting involved, developing name recognition,etc. I understand this is a fulltime position that pays substantially more than minimum wage. Some experience with broadcast automation and digital editing software preferred.
    It doesn't happen to be anywhere near Seattle, does it?
    Last edited by fordranger797; 01-25-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123