House Cleaning at WCCC - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: House Cleaning at WCCC

Quote Originally Posted by BJSteigner View Post
    My question in this thread is....How does EMF get all this money?? They say that they are "non-profit"....But how are they making their money?? I don't see a donations page...Is EMF trying to hide something???
    There's a donate link (among other methods) in plain sight on every page of the K-Love website. There's also a "ways to support K-Love" page. They're pretty up front about the fact that they want your money. They are considered a charity.

By the way, they raised well over $130 million in contributions in 2013. Like them or not, they're pretty formidable. And they've become a pretty savvy acquirer or broadcast properties.
    Last edited by luperm; 08-01-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Mike Karolyi just had his phone interview with Howard Stern on the air. That went almost 20 minutes. Coming out of commercial , they made a direct dig at WDRC-FM 102.9. That was HILARIOUS!!

I don't live anywhere near Connecticut, but seeing legendary stations get swallowed up by syndicated, from a satellite, K-LOVE 24/7 formats drives me nuts. It's as if EMF wants EVERY station in the country, Air 1 or K-LOVE. We already had that problem in Houston when the legendary 103.7 flipped to Air-1 and there was a lot of backlash over that. And there have been other stations that didn't deserve to get swallowed by EMF as well across the country. Maybe K-LOVE and Air 1 should have been California-only stations (that's where they came from) or on Sirius/XM. Many markets have 2-3 K-LOVE and Air 1 translators and it screws up a lot of distant reception.

-crainbebo
    773 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: 670 KLTT CO (morning) and 1300 KOLY SD (evening), Halloween 2018

Those aren't digs at DRC. Those are actual ads purchased by Connoisseur. Seriously. They're terrible, but they're real ads. Connoisseur is continuing to prove that while they can program well in New Haven, they're clueless as to how to work in Hartford.

Listened to the end of WCCC online. Their last song was Walk by Pantera. It faded out, then the stream went dead. Was hoping to hear the changeover.

it was uneventful. 5 seconds of silence, then a K-Love ID, "WCCC West Hartford, WCCC-FM Hartford" into K-Love programming in progress. Then the K-Love jock played a piece of "howard stern on the newest K-Love station!"

*Vomit*

I guess they got the AM too.

Unregistered
    Why does the FCC allow this?

Apparently ended just past 5 with The Walk by
    Pantera

Thumbs up

WCCC-FM 106.9 Has Been Godsmacked!

How in the hell did this group land a full-powered FM station in a mid-sized market like Hartford/New Britain/Middletown? Are they now a non-commercial station like WIHS-FM 104.9 of Middletown?

I went to their station locator. WCCC-AM/FM was not listed yet. The only stations which popped up were from North Dartmouth, MA (borders New Bedford), Winchendon, MA and 104.7 FM of Warwick, RI. The Warwick station relays the North Dartmouth station.

I just removed the 106.9 FM preset from my home stereo, which I got for Christmas 2002. Yes, it still works, believe it or not! I replaced it with 107.3 FM for now, just in case WAAF-FM from the Worcester, MA area should pop in. The preset above it is 107.9 for WEBE-FM of Westport while the one below it is for WHCN-FM 105.9.

(I'll decide later about the Walkman preset for them.)

Yeah, they non-comm now.

It's sad about AM 1290 too. No more play-by-play of West Hartford High Schools sports.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast