• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

House Cleaning at WCCC

I had heard rumors that this was coming.... The entire air staff at WCCC was terminated today. It sounds like they'll be allowed to say goodbye tomorrow, and then it's over.

I've been hearing something about religious and/or Contemporary Christian. If this is the case, what happens to WIHS-FM 104.9 of Middletown?

Kind of a shocker!!! WCCC-FM has been a Rock station since the summer of 1975!!!! Starting off as Free Form Progressive Rock...It evolved to AOR in 1976. It has been Rock for 39 years now...And it was Top 40 prior to that...Sad...

I forgot to ask this earlier: What happens to WCCC-AM 1290 of West Hartford? I can see that being sold, spun off, shut down or all of the above.

The strangest thing is going to be that there will no longer be a WCCC-FM in Hartford. Sad times.

An interesting side note: a quick look at the FCC database will show that WCCC-FM's license renewal in 2005 and in 2013 was never approved or denied... both are hanging in "accepted for filing" limbo.

Sad news! I hope that tomorrow will be the last day of "Rock 106.9", because I'm not a listener of the station in Hartford. I just checked my TuneIn app that WCCC's "Rock 106.9" is still there. I will be recording the last two evening shows tonight, and then tomorrow morning, I will record the last day of "Rock 106.9" beginning at 5 AM until the end of the station's run at 5 PM to kick off "K-Love". This is the same thing happened since WFAS-FM flipped to urban AC from AC back on July 4th, but I do have the aircheck of the launch and the first day of "Radio 103.9" in my collection along with final shows on WFAS-FM as well. I'll work on it.

My question in this thread is....How does EMF get all this money?? They say that they are "non-profit"....But how are they making their money?? I don't see a donations page...Is EMF trying to hide something???

My question in this thread is....How does EMF get all this money?? They say that they are "non-profit"....But how are they making their money?? I don't see a donations page...Is EMF trying to hide something???

There's a donate link (among other methods) in plain sight on every page of the K-Love website. There's also a "ways to support K-Love" page. They're pretty up front about the fact that they want your money. They are considered a charity.

By the way, they raised well over $130 million in contributions in 2013. Like them or not, they're pretty formidable. And they've become a pretty savvy acquirer or broadcast properties.

Last edited:
Mike Karolyi just had his phone interview with Howard Stern on the air. That went almost 20 minutes. Coming out of commercial , they made a direct dig at WDRC-FM 102.9. That was HILARIOUS!! :D

I don't live anywhere near Connecticut, but seeing legendary stations get swallowed up by syndicated, from a satellite, K-LOVE 24/7 formats drives me nuts. It's as if EMF wants EVERY station in the country, Air 1 or K-LOVE. We already had that problem in Houston when the legendary 103.7 flipped to Air-1 and there was a lot of backlash over that. And there have been other stations that didn't deserve to get swallowed by EMF as well across the country. Maybe K-LOVE and Air 1 should have been California-only stations (that's where they came from) or on Sirius/XM. Many markets have 2-3 K-LOVE and Air 1 translators and it screws up a lot of distant reception.

-crainbebo

Those aren't digs at DRC. Those are actual ads purchased by Connoisseur. Seriously. They're terrible, but they're real ads. Connoisseur is continuing to prove that while they can program well in New Haven, they're clueless as to how to work in Hartford.

Listened to the end of WCCC online. Their last song was Walk by Pantera. It faded out, then the stream went dead. Was hoping to hear the changeover.

it was uneventful. 5 seconds of silence, then a K-Love ID, "WCCC West Hartford, WCCC-FM Hartford" into K-Love programming in progress. Then the K-Love jock played a piece of "howard stern on the newest K-Love station!"

*Vomit*

I guess they got the AM too.

:eek: WCCC-FM 106.9 Has Been Godsmacked! :eek:

How in the hell did this group land a full-powered FM station in a mid-sized market like Hartford/New Britain/Middletown? Are they now a non-commercial station like WIHS-FM 104.9 of Middletown?

I went to their station locator. WCCC-AM/FM was not listed yet. The only stations which popped up were from North Dartmouth, MA (borders New Bedford), Winchendon, MA and 104.7 FM of Warwick, RI. The Warwick station relays the North Dartmouth station.

I just removed the 106.9 FM preset from my home stereo, which I got for Christmas 2002. Yes, it still works, believe it or not! I replaced it with 107.3 FM for now, just in case WAAF-FM from the Worcester, MA area should pop in. The preset above it is 107.9 for WEBE-FM of Westport while the one below it is for WHCN-FM 105.9. :p

(I'll decide later about the Walkman preset for them.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom