• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

News 5 Investigates. Oh, the possibilities!

joebtsflk1

Star Participant
"The snow is falling, the traffic's appalling, the tow trucks are trawling, and my bladder is calling. Along northbound I-25 near Monument Hill, I'm Otto B. Obvious, News 5 Investigates."

Recently, I watched the recently rebranded KOAA (Pueblo - Colorado Springs) 6 pm newscast "News 5 Investigates." All reports, whether any real investigation occurred or not, are closed with the tagline illustrate above, I kid you not.

You've got to feel for the good, on-air news people of KOAA for having this crap forced down their throats.

Springs TV

I was considering a move to Colorado Springs. Shocked to see a city of
its size with such limited English viewing options. As far as I can tell,
there's No Me-TV, No Antenna TV, No Movies! Network, No Bounce, No
This-TV, No Cozi TV, No Get-TV but they do have at least 5 spanish
language stations. If I were to move to Colorado Springs, It would have
to be in the far North end of town where a well installed long-range antenna
system could receive the Denver Stations. I think I'll pass on Colorado
Springs..........

I was considering a move to Colorado Springs. Shocked to see a city of
its size with such limited English viewing options. As far as I can tell,
there's No Me-TV, No Antenna TV, No Movies! Network, No Bounce, No
This-TV, No Cozi TV, No Get-TV but they do have at least 5 spanish
language stations. If I were to move to Colorado Springs, It would have
to be in the far North end of town where a well installed long-range antenna
system could receive the Denver Stations. I think I'll pass on Colorado
Springs..........

If that's all you are basing a beautiful city with endless opportunities, just on television channels, then maybe yes, you should stick to your plan. The reason for the Spanish channels, is the relatively large Hispanic population, especially in the southern half of the city and in Pueblo (35 miles further south). For most in Colorado, there far too many things to do here, than to worry about some crazy TV viewing options......and radio's terrible shortcomings on top of that.

Last edited:
"The snow is falling, the traffic's appalling, the tow trucks are trawling, and my bladder is calling. Along northbound I-25 near Monument Hill, I'm Otto B. Obvious, News 5 Investigates."

Recently, I watched the recently rebranded KOAA (Pueblo - Colorado Springs) 6 pm newscast "News 5 Investigates." All reports, whether any real investigation occurred or not, are closed with the tagline illustrate above, I kid you not.

You've got to feel for the good, on-air news people of KOAA for having this crap forced down their throats.

Yeah, I've noticed the same too! It was better a few months ago with the News 5 theme music that they took away when they became "Investigates". Lisa Lyden, Rob Quirk and Mike Daniels are as good as it gets, though.

I'd agree with you on that. COS/PUB TV news is almost unwatchable because of what I think is consultant crap being forced on the local operations. There are plenty of solid talents like those on 5 that are getting hosed with this stuff. Same with 11. News imaging on 13, while seeming quite small market, at least doesn't get in the way. 21, oddly enough, is almost the easiest to watch for news these days.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom