• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Do these titles work for you?

eriedj

Leading Participant
Heard a couple songs recently on our local "we play anything" station and wonder if these titles work for you...

She Bop - Cyndi Lauper
What I Am - Edie Brickell & The New Bohemians
Would I Lie To You - Eurythmics

Those titles would fit my ideal of a radio station perfectly. Playing New Wave, Alternative and AAA from the 80's and 90's. With a small selection of better pop music. (Particularly from the 80's) Select post-2000's and 70's could be played, like Coldplay, Jason Maraz and other Adult Artists. 70's could be anything Punk, New Wave, David Bowie, Velvet Underground, with some select Beatles, Stones and Who tracks.

Would be a break from these "Play Everything" stations that focus on Rock and Muzak.

eriedj, do me a favor. Call your local station and ask the music director if he knows what She Bop is really about. "Can't stop messin' with the danger zone," indeed!

eriedj, do me a favor. Call your local station and ask the music director if he knows what She Bop is really about. "Can't stop messin' with the danger zone," indeed!

Songs are, ultimately, about whatever the listener decides they are about.

I thought everyone knew what "She Bop" was about back in the '80s. No big deal.
WDRC-FM Hartford played it and "Would I Lie to You" regularly before its sale and switch to male-skewing classic rock hits.

WDRC-FM Hartford played it and "Would I Lie to You" regularly before its sale and switch to male-skewing classic rock hits.

I prefer "I Touch Myself" by the Divinyls. It had a much better vocal, and a better hook. Lauper's voice can be annoying.

I didn't know what that song was really about when it was current. However, since I was only eight years old at the time, that's probably for the best.

Those titles would fit my ideal of a radio station perfectly. Playing New Wave, Alternative and AAA from the 80's and 90's. With a small selection of better pop music. (Particularly from the 80's) Select post-2000's and 70's could be played, like Coldplay, Jason Maraz and other Adult Artists. 70's could be anything Punk, New Wave, David Bowie, Velvet Underground, with some select Beatles, Stones and Who tracks.

Would be a break from these "Play Everything" stations that focus on Rock and Muzak.

This would be a format for men 25-54 (maybe a little older). Would do better in some parts of the county, than others.

I didn't know what that song was really about when it was current. However, since I was only eight years old at the time, that's probably for the best.

Neither did I until about 8 months later when someone explained it to me. I heard She Bop on the radio a couple of weeks ago. Believe it or not, it was the first time I had ever heard it on FM radio. Living in Canada when it was popular meant it was on AM only. I still like "Would I Lie To You." quite a lot. "What I Am" not so much. I'd tune out for that one. I like the other two for their higher energy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom