KING 5's new look
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: KING 5's new look

KING 5's new look

I just saw the promo earlier tonight, of Jean Enersen wiping the old graphics out with a mop. Looks like the new Gannett graphics/music package is coming June 18th.
    Last edited by swhyde1980; 06-08-2014 at 03:28 AM.
    DX'er, and former master control operator at KBTC-TV and KCPQ-TV.

Did the mop say "Nordstrom's" on the side?

On a non-comedic note, that's really interesting. Most of the time you just tune in and everything changes without warning. I do happen to like the graphics that KING currently uses, so I hope the change isn't too radical. I wonder if NWCN will have a new look eventually.

Good for KING on coming up with a cool promo idea!
    Last edited by fordranger797; 06-08-2014 at 04:05 AM.

The KING "K5" stylized logo has been roughly the same for nearly 40 years. With only italicization, gloss, repositioning of the crown jewels, gold trim and the NBC logo added over the years. And since every Seattle TV station has changed logos over the years, I wonder if it's time for KING-TV to get a brand new logo.

Now before everyone gets upset. KING isn't the worst offender. By FAR. The ABC O&Os on Channel 7 in other markets STILL have that REALLY old circle 7 logo that should have been retired completely in 1979!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_...cle_7_Logo.png

It was cutting edge for 1965. But REALLY tacky looking in 2014.
    To the person who stole my antidepressants; I hope you're happy now.

So will it just turn into a generic "NBC 5", or are they keeping the classic K5 logo?
    And is it going to look like KPNX in Phoenix - a bunch of crap on the bottom of the screen at all times?

-crainbebo
    758 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: JOBK-666 khz Osaka, Japan, 10/5/18

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    So will it just turn into a generic "NBC 5", or are they keeping the classic K5 logo?
    And is it going to look like KPNX in Phoenix - a bunch of crap on the bottom of the screen at all times?

-crainbebo
    They'll probably be keeping the KING 5 name and logo, but yea it's probably going to look like KPNX, KUSA, etc...

What's going to happen to NWCN as well? Will it still be NW news or will it be replaced with KING-5 and KGW-8 news rebroadcasts? And is that set being tweaked?

-crainbebo
    758 AM's in the log, 656 FMs (250 from Western WA), That's a DXer!
    FM, AM and SW DXer of Yakima, WA! God Bless America!
    Last New FM Log: KWEN 95.5 Tulsa OK (7/23/18 Es)
    Last New AM Log: JOBK-666 khz Osaka, Japan, 10/5/18

Unregistered
    NWCN will remain NWCN. King 5 will remain King 5. Just new a new look to the GFX. Don't anticipate huge changes to the sets until after the move (if it happens).

Quote Originally Posted by crainbebo View Post
    What's going to happen to NWCN as well? Will it still be NW news or will it be replaced with KING-5 and KGW-8 news rebroadcasts? And is that set being tweaked?

-crainbebo
    I don't know. That's gonna be interesting to see, as NWCN, Texas's TXCN, as well as any other local cable news networks Gannett aquired in the Belo deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fordranger797 View Post
    lmao! I've always wondered if there was any truth to those Klepto Jean rumors or if it's just a Seattle media urban legend.

Quote Originally Posted by fordranger797 View Post
    Now that's funny!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast