LA Salsa to SF Bacharengue music question

Thread: LA Salsa to SF Bacharengue music question

AlvaJr

LA Salsa to SF Bacharengue music question

What's the between of Salsa in Los Angeles and Bacharengue in San Francisco with many Mexican people in California?, for example:

1. If I'm in Los Angeles, I'm Mexican and I married to Puerto Rican with Mexican-Puerto Rican descent using Salsa.

2. If I'm in San Francisco, I'm Dominican and I married to Mexican with Dominican-Mexican descent using Bacharengue.

So why doesn't have Salsa or Bacharengue radio for ninguno in California?

Moderator/Assistant Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by AlvaJr View Post
    What's the between of Salsa in Los Angeles and Bacharengue in San Francisco with many Mexican people in California?, for example:

1. If I'm in Los Angeles, I'm Mexican and I married to Puerto Rican with Mexican-Puerto Rican descent using Salsa.

2. If I'm in San Francisco, I'm Dominican and I married to Mexican with Dominican-Mexican descent using Bacharengue.

So why doesn't have Salsa or Bacharengue radio for ninguno in California?
    California is a state with over 30 million people. It has many different cities and markets, each with its own Hispanic market.

In general, all the Hispanic markets in California are about 90% or greater of Mexican origin. The next largest group is Central American, then South American. There is only a small Caribbean component to the population... and in the smaller markets like San Diego and Riverside / San Bernardino and Fresno, there are essentially none.

Bachata, meaning Prince Royce and Romeo, gets played on a few of the contemporary stations. Salsa gets no airplay, with even the few weekend night shows now long gone. Merengue is played even less. In all cases, the audience and appeal is limited or non-existent.

There has to be a large audience for a particular kind of music for it to be played exclusively. There is no such audience for bachatas or merengue in California anywhere.
    www.americanradiohistory.com
    Broadcasting Magazine and Yearbooks, RCA Broadcast News, Television Magazine, Radio Annual, Radio News, Sponsor, Television/Radio Age, R&R, Duncan's American Radio, M Street Directory, Broadcast Engineering, db, and more.