Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WDHC 92.9/WCST 1010 Berkley Springs Format Changes

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    Did they change back to MAX ???
    Yup, listened to some of it Monday morning. Also the TOH ID mentioned WCST so must be simulcasting on weak 1010. Makes me wonder why Metro bought the thing now, can't imagine this is what they originally intended.

Last weekend driving through Berkley Springs WCST 1010 was on simulcasting Max with horrible unlistenable over-modulation. If the owners (or programmers) aren't even listening haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DXingRadio View Post
    Last weekend driving through Berkley Springs WCST 1010 was on simulcasting Max with horrible unlistenable over-modulation. If the owners (or programmers) aren't even listening haha.

WCST 1010 always had this problem. I don't even think they care !!

Last week I was talking to a friend of mine who still works in radio in Martinsburg and she was saying she has heard that Stacy Drake is doing his show from a restaurant and has been since MAX was brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by hamster View Post
    WCST 1010 always had this problem. I don't even think they care !!
    They care enough to apply for a translator, on WDHC's original frequency of 93.5. 1010 does have some value!

Metro is throwing in the towel on the stations, they can be yours for a cool $365,000 if you want them. Wonder if the current programmers will buy them?

Apparently WXDC/WCST will be losing rights to their tower? That can't be good, especially for WCST.

https://www.morganmessenger.com/2019...ure-uncertain/

Buyer found, West Virginia Radio Corporation. Max 92.9 will evolve to classic hits, 1010 WCST will become a simulcast of WEPM.

WEPM probably only wants WCST for its translator. Interestingly, last time i looked there has been no application filed at all relating to the stations being sold to WV Radio.

No surprise that there’s no application at the FCC yet. That’s usually one of the last documents filed in a sale these days.

Plus, given that both stations are apparently losing their tower, it’s quite possible there’s an agreement in the LMA that no sale will take place until the stations get on their new tower. Even if WV Radio is responsible for getting everything in order for the tower move, it might not buy it outright first so as to not get saddled with the full price of the purchase should something fall through.

I doubt that they are loosing the tower. That article is wrong in so many ways, that Diane Smith is the LMAer, not the owner of the actual station. They lost their lease of the station because Metro Radio is selling it. I don't think Metro would have a reason to keep the tower once they sell. That article makes it sound like Smith owned everything when all she did was provide the programming.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12