Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Radio Disney

  1. #1

    Radio Disney

    I see Disney sold some stations that had been airing Radio Disney.
    Do they plan to selll more stations? Are they planning to stop airing radio disney
    anytime soon ?

  2. #2
    Keep in mind that most RD stations are AM. AM stations are expensive to run, especially when there isn't much advertising revenue. There are fewer radios that include AM. There are cheaper ways to get this content to the intended audience. I think that's the way Disney is going. They decided a long time ago that they were not in the towers and transmitters business, but rather the content business.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    They [Disney] decided a long time ago that they were not in the towers and transmitters business, but rather the content business.
    Smart people.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigA View Post
    Keep in mind that most RD stations are AM. AM stations are expensive to run, especially when there isn't much advertising revenue. There are fewer radios that include AM. There are cheaper ways to get this content to the intended audience. I think that's the way Disney is going. They decided a long time ago that they were not in the towers and transmitters business, but rather the content business.
    So-----its likely Disney willl selll its other AM stations.? 1560 ----NYC & 640---Philllly have big signals.
    is radio disney on any other 50,000 wattt stations ?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimmy View Post
    So-----its likely Disney willl selll its other AM stations.? 1560 ----NYC & 640---Philllly have big signals.
    is radio disney on any other 50,000 wattt stations ?
    The other fulltime 50 kW station is KMIK 1580 Tempe/Phoenix (it actually transmits from Mesa). At night, it's been known to put a better signal into San Diego, Rocky Point, and even Australia than in parts of the Phoenix metro. It's major lobe is to the southwest, and it nulls to the south and west to protect co-channel stations in LA and Hermosillo.

    Flagship KDIS 1110 in LA runs 50 kW days but 20 kW nights. WWJZ 640 Mt. Holly NJ (Philly metro) only runs 950 watts at night.
    We have to save the Earth! It's the only planet with football and beer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

     
Useful Contacts
Community


123