• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Interference complaints since mid October?

We've just started getting a number of complaints from listeners about interference, and it does not appear to be weather-related. It also does not appear to be related to our equipment, as we haven't changed anything, and all parameters are normal. Has anyone in CT recently upgraded their HD power, or added a translator nearby that I don't know about? (The new 104.5 translator in Bridgeport hasn't bothered us at all since it went to that new frequency, so I'm sure it's not them.)

I'm wondering if any of the stations on Meriden Mountain have made recent equipment changes? Two of the recent complaints are in that vicinity. They said that this problem began sometime around mid-October. I also have noticed a SLIGHTLY more noisy than usual signal as I drive up I-91 from New Haven to Wallingford, for the past few weeks.

Today (11/11/13) I got a very similar complaint from someone in East Haven, and I also heard an unusual amount of interference this morning on my radio in West Haven, which normally gets a perfect signal... but I dismissed it as atmospheric, since it didn't stay noisy for long.

Any ideas? WIHS is at 104.9

WMNR has a CP for a new translator first adjacent to you on 105.1, but it's only 10 watts and the antenna's in Seymour... I'd doubt that'd be it.

Is that CP built and on the air? It doesn't take much power to cause interference. I will have to investigate this... because if it went on the air in October, then that coincides exactly with the interference complaints we have been receiving! (Just got another, yesterday.)

UPDATE: I've researched, and found that CP. No indication of whether or not it went on the air, but it was GRANTED on 10/28/13. If they went on the air right away, that COULD explain the interference complaints. Can anyone vouch for whether or not this translator is, in fact, on the air at 105.1 in the Shelton/Seymour area?

Last edited:
Any further news?

I just got a letter from a listener, telling me that her interference issues (on more than one radio) are gone. That's good news! Hopefully, we will hear from others, as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom