• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

The Valley's Most Annoying Talkers

DrAkbar

Star Participant
...and some of the nominees include:

The very shrill Terry Gilberg

The over-caffenitated Bruce St James

The nearly there anymore, Barry Young (sfx - clap, clap, clap)

The smarter than you and everyone else, Karie Dozer

The dumber than a box of rocks (make that two boxes), Mac 'n Gaydos

The motorcyclist who doesn't wear a helmet (which explains everything), Mike Broomhead

The Radio Sri guy on Lumberyard 14~Forty who can't be understood by Nurse Jeff and me.

...any more?

Bueller

Bueller

If you want to include sports, Ron Wolfley has to be in this list.

KTAR's slogan should be "We need to shut up and let you do the talking". They are a borefest for sure. What would be wrong with inviting some guests to talk about interesting things?

And while I'm thinking of it... why do ALL of these talk radio folks encourage people to text and tweet? Most are listening while driving. Not a good idea to have people texting and driving at the same time. Just asking...

KTAR's slogan should be "We need to shut up and let you do the talking". They are a borefest for sure. What would be wrong with inviting some guests to talk about interesting things?

And while I'm thinking of it... why do ALL of these talk radio folks encourage people to text and tweet? Most are listening while driving. Not a good idea to have people texting and driving at the same time. Just asking...

Boring is right. I never thought I would miss the Paul Harvey/Preston Westmoreland days when KTAR was still a "talk radio" station that actually interacted with their listeners. (Golly gee, what a concept...!) A few days ago, I inadvertently heard Detour Dan refer to all the tweets and texts he was getting about an accident. Um.... is it possible some of those tweets and texts contributed to some of those accidents? And they *do* have guests - the problem is, they're all the same boring ones - e.g., Sam Donaldson, their "crown jewel"? Really? Wasn't he a recurring character on SNL a few years ago? All the good guests - Meghan McCain in particular - have fled the station.

Gilberg: awful shrill whackado nutjob

Kari: just shut up! Herr lack of world knowledge shows. Obvious she worked for Grant Woods

Young: smarmy and barely even caring, the only time to listen is when Markson hosts and the angry hillbillies call in.

Broomhead..his show is basically this: (1) I grew up poor (2) I didn't need no college education! (3) I know Glenn Beck (4) I love police (5) I know Glenn Beck

Mac Y Gaydos, it is less stupid than it was, but still, neither of these guys are joining Mensa any time soon, (but they keep Mike & Winey around to make them look smart in comparison)

But the really bad ones are the ones who have to buy time on KKNT. Where they take up 10 minutes of each hour with an overly long taped intro, then proceed to read some quotes about who they are, etc... You have to vamp when no one calls in.

I like Bruce, I get what the show is about, it's not an angry guy yelling at the radio, not taking callers can be good, considering the neanderthals that call in to talk shows in AZ

Terry seems quite passionate, which I do enjoy. Question for the group. If she's part-time on the weekends, why don't the use her to fill in during the week when Broomhead, Sharpe, or Young take time off? Seems like they are always getting random people from other markets? Is it a money thing? Cause she's a female? Cause she works another job during the week and can't make it for those shifts?

I've always wondered...

Terry seems quite passionate, which I do enjoy. Question for the group. If she's part-time on the weekends, why don't the use her to fill in during the week when Broomhead, Sharpe, or Young take time off? Seems like they are always getting random people from other markets? Is it a money thing? Cause she's a female? Cause she works another job during the week and can't make it for those shifts?

I've always wondered...

I've always wondered why she can't talk about the breaking news that occurs during her time show - literally, in some cases. There could be a riot going on just outside the studio doors and she would find something else to talk about. She sounds like a cross between Baghdad Bob and The Koch Brothers. They probably don't use her during the week because she won't talk about breaking news or take listener calls. If she won't talk breaking news or take listener calls, then she might be better suited for Bonneville.

Terry seems quite passionate, which I do enjoy. Question for the group. If she's part-time on the weekends, why don't the use her to fill in during the week when Broomhead, Sharpe, or Young take time off?
I've always wondered...

They tried it and it was painful to hear. Saturday or Sunday night, she's out of the glare of the headlights. In AMD or PMD, she's the deer in the headlights. YIKES!

---------------------------------------------------

I've always wondered...

I've heard her fill in for a Houston, TX host for a week this past summer. She also fills in for a station in Tucson.

What about advertisers?

While they aren't technically talkers, some radio advertiser are enough to make me scream.

Debi Gabi -- imaging having to wake up every morning listening to her.

The guy pitching insulated walls while doing a poor Gomer Pyle imitation. When he give the phone number I'm not sure if he is saying two or toe.

I'm sure there are others.

As far as advertisers go I would add the stupid GEICO lizard (I want to step on him), Jack from Jack in the Box (an egomaniac if there ever was one), Susan Oswald (602) 260-2222 (doesn't she have enough business now), Melvin from Parker and Sons, the Express Flooring Lady, the continuous and repetitive idiots who claim they can save you from the IRS, and finally any of the so called experts who can save you from credit card debt. All of these are the most annoying to me. They all make Debbie Gaby sound sincere in what she really is. A woman in her 60s past her prime but still with a lot to offer and a lot of credibility.

While they aren't technically talkers, some radio advertiser are enough to make me scream.

Debi Gabi -- imaging having to wake up every morning listening to her.

The guy pitching insulated walls while doing a poor Gomer Pyle imitation. When he give the phone number I'm not sure if he is saying two or toe.

I'm sure there are others.

All accident lawyers, especially the two clowns from Vegas and the guy that looks like Dagwood.
The guy who hawks The DUMP!
The Express Flooring lady.

A few blasts from the past:
Howeeeeee World.
JJ, zee Keeeennnnggg of Beepers.
Al (**cough**wheeze**), your tree's pal.
Keith DeGreen, who won't let me talk to him because my net worth doesn't rival our national debt.
Thom Brennaman, and later Daron Sutton, who told us to look for the car...on the ROOF!

And finally, the charter member of the Annoying Arizona Pitchmen Hall of Fame: Tex Earnhardt

Oh, I just LOVE the Express Flooring Lady! I can't wait until her "Santa, Baby" ads start again. I turn them up, because her voice is like an angel singing! I wish I could turn that into a ringtone.

I was bummed when the FCC told stations they had to turn down the volume of commercials, because all Arizonans should be treated to that vocal talent turned WAY up.

I also especially like when I see that ad 3 times in 30 minutes...it makes my whole night!

I've thought about contacting Gitmo, because nothing would make those prisoners more apt to embrace our way of life than hearing her sing over and over again! But, she's such an AZ treasure, I decided we shouldn't share her!

Oh, I just LOVE the Express Flooring Lady! I can't wait until her "Santa, Baby" ads start again. I turn them up, because her voice is like an angel singing! I wish I could turn that into a ringtone.

Step on a cat's tail. Sounds the same.

I've thought about contacting Gitmo, because nothing would make those prisoners more apt to embrace our way of life than hearing her sing over and over again! But, she's such an AZ treasure, I decided we shouldn't share her!

We have enough trouble in Gitmo. Besides, the prisoners would embrace us more by playing endless My Mother The Car reruns and Justin Beiber songs, followed by tapes of The Best of Arnie Spanier. :D

Step on a cat's tail. Sounds the same.

We have enough trouble in Gitmo. Besides, the prisoners would embrace us more by playing endless My Mother The Car reruns and Justin Beiber songs, followed by tapes of The Best of Arnie Spanier. :D

I agree with everything you said with one exception. Justin Beiber is Canadian and Thank heaven we don't have to claim him.

I agree with everything you said with one exception. Justin Beiber is Canadian and Thank heaven we don't have to claim him.

OK, Miley Cyrus then. Or better yet, how about her dad - Achy Breaky Heart, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We'll learn them infidels! :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom