• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Ho Hey - The Lumineers

radiolives

Star Participant
When is this song considered country? As US 99.5 Chicago played it when I had the stream on. Muffard and Sons now this.

They are designated as a "roots" group whatever that means. But as one who regularly streams Daniel Mullins's "Bending The Strings" show from WBZI, Xenia Ohio I am acquainted with them. That being said "Hey Ho" wouldn't make me tune it out but I might take a bathroom break when it plays. As for Mumford and Sons he has had them on often and again not exactly my taste but I trust his expertise in selections as his family has long roots in the genre known as bluegrass and folk. If we are never exposed to different material we are not going to grow and our music can get extremely narrow and uninteresting. I "discovered" the Punch Brothers through his show as well as Old Crow Medicine Show and I am glad I have their stuff in my collection.

Where in Ho Hey is there a steel guitar? No steel guitar - not country.

-crainbebo

I don't know about steel guitar.... but if you're gonna play in Texas you gotta have a fiddle in the band! (I think that is in the Bible somewhere :cool: .)

Thanks Alabama for sharing that lesson! You NEED to have fiddles while in TX!

-crainbebo

This may be the wrong thread, but I found out The Lumineers play the theme song of the CW TV series "Reign". No way, no how, not gonna do it, wouldn't be prudent at this juncture. I've accused a lot of music on country radio of not being country, but what I hear every week on "Reign" definitely isn't it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom