• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Opie & Anthony on Howard Stern hiring a consultant to improve radio show

Howard has worked with Walt Sabo for years on the Howard 100, Howard 101 channels.

Why do you think the Howard 100 news sounds just like NJ 101.5 news?

It isn't for the radio show, it's for the channels.

Opie and Anthony wish they had enough of an audience to hire a consultant. They sound like bitter losers to me, they always have. Wahh Wahh Howard this, WAAHH WAHHH Howard that. How about you make your own radio show better than practically falling asleep and letting Jim Norton drive the bus.

Shut up and be funny again, O&A, like you used to be way back in the WNEW days.

I never cared for Shock Jocks. I like Howard when he acts like a normal human on letterman. But from what I heard of his show in the 90s, when he was huge?
Grade schoolers can talk about farts and boobs all day.

Same goes for Opie and Anthony. I don't believe in Religion, but paying someone to have sex in a Church? Devoting an entire month bashing shows that have more of an audience than you'll ever have? That little stunt, as I recall, has caused broadcasters of these shows to cry from the disruption they've caused... It just sounds like a bunch of whino's given a mic....waah, wah, waah..

WNTIRadio said:
Howard has worked with Walt Sabo for years on the Howard 100, Howard 101 channels.

Why do you think the Howard 100 news sounds just like NJ 101.5 news?

It isn't for the radio show, it's for the channels.

This is a female consultant, and it's about the show not generating a buzz anymore.

Stern can write his own ticket and he can do whatever he wants because he has the numbers and the audience to prove that he is the KING! When the boys don't complain - they actually do a nice show. Jim Norton makes that show.

joaniec said:
Stern can write his own ticket and he can do whatever he wants because he has the numbers and the audience to prove that he is the KING! When the boys don't complain - they actually do a nice show. Jim Norton makes that show.

Sounds like Howard has his own groupies and dittoheads, just like Rush.

The only numbers he has are in his contract - salary figures. Howard is history. Ego trumps talent.

FredLeonard said:
The only numbers he has are in his contract - salary figures. Howard is history. Ego trumps talent.

...and the numbers in his contract are the only ones that really matter. Either you're biased, or you have no idea how business works.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom