• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

98.7 FM in LA now officially has a brand: ALT 98.7

Just saw this today. 98.7 in Los Angeles has officially rebranded themselves as ALT 98.7. I have to say the music selection on the station is getting better now that Mike Kaplan from KNDD came over.

See the changes at http://www.987fm.com

Makes sense. Finally got rid of the "Star" which dates back to it's AC days. The evolution is complete I would say.

Not sure if the call letters will change.

98.7 doesn't play the harder rock songs KROQ seems to favor. However, I still listen to both and am glad for the choice. Then again here in LA you can (with line of site to Mt. Wilson) hit the scan button and get dozens of stations with one playing a song you'd stay and listen to.

That's why I love LA, plenty of alternatives. :D

azfmfan said:
They weren't. They stopped using the star branding about six years ago. The were simply calling themselves 98-7.

True, but they kept a "Star" in their logo. If you want an Alternative station that actually DOES use "Star" in their branding, look no further than Star 101.9 in Honolulu. KYSR's sister station.

Jeremy Andrews said:
If you want an Alternative station that actually DOES use "Star" in their branding, look no further than Star 101.9 in Honolulu. KYSR's sister station.

They've gone back and forth to the Hot AC panel, though - Star 101.9 is basically Alternative Hot AC

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom