• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

KTCZ

Haven't streamed Cities in some time, but do they play the version with TI's rap? I was horrified when I heard the rap version on my local AC (WDOK/Cleveland) the other day.

I think many in the Twin Cities music community, the listeners who contribute to it, the press, and the industry would disagree with you. Their PD is one of the best in the business.

Not anytime recently. And MPR has nothing to do with it; The Current's just a bad radio station.

How so? Just what constitutes a "bad" radio station?

They have a deep, wide-ranging playlist that's still accessible to most listeners. They have good air personalities, a very strong web presence (the MPR stations even recently went on IHeartRadio) and are very active in the community. Plus, they do what MPR wanted them to do, basically bring in younger listeners who weren't getting turned on by classical and news/talk. The addition of The Current also allowed them to create distinct webstreams, including a local music channel, Radio Heartland and Wonderground Radio. I think The Current is an example of a non-com AAA station that's doing things right.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom