• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adobe Audition 3.0 on Mac?

I was just gifted an iMac with OS X Mountain Lion (the latest version). I would like to use a program such as CrossOver or VirtualBox to try to get Adobe Audition 3.0 to run on the Mac. Does anyone have experience with this? Just trying to figure out the best way to attempt this before moving forward. Thanks!

I'd consider buying Adobe Audition 5.5 outright, but I can't seem to find anywhere that sells it. The current version of Adobe Audition is cost-prohibitive ($19.99/mo. subscription).

CS6 is the way to go... A big step in effects quality. The Time Stretch/Compression has fantastic audio quality in CS6. Very useful in my cluster.

The later versions of Audition 5.5 & 6 run great natively in OS X and are virtually identical to their PC counterparts. If you *have* to virtualize it, I would use Parallels for the job. It has relatively low latency on its virtual audio path.

A lot of us are getting ready to learn whether Adobe is going to hold firm on announced pricing. When they moved into the subscription pricing, they offered those of us who had one of the most recent packages (Audition and/or Photoshop) a "half-price rate" for the first 12 months. And if you want "The whole Enchilada" pay us twice that and you get to use EVERYTHING (well pretty close to everything!) that Adobe offers.

I took them up on the deal. $19.95 per month and you cannot believe the truckload of software I have been able to dink-around with. Problem: Now I am spoiled! They are going to want $19.95 for just Audition alone, and the price of "The Whole Enchilada" has been listed as $49.95. So, If I decided I CAN afford to keep at least one of my children... which one will it be?

I reacted negatively to the subscription model when they announced it. If you look around, you will observe that the entire software industry seems to be moving that direction. I have seen posts where people refer to the practice as immoral, illegal, unethical, etc. The software companies have so observations about how we as consumers deal with them! They might suggest that we, too, do some things that are immoral, illegal, unethical.

As the old high-school joke goes: Oh, we settled the question about who you are a long time ago. Now, we're just haggling over price.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom