• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Frosty Stillwell to middays at Talk 910

For Immediate Release - June 3, 2013

Frosty Stillwell Moves to Middays on Talk 910 San Francisco

San Francisco, Ca. – June 3, 2013 – Clear Channel Media and Entertainment San Francisco announced today that well-known Talk Radio personality, Frosty Stillwell, will now host middays on Talk 910 KKSF-AM from 12-3:00 p.m. PST, effective Tuesday, June 4.

Stillwell’s extensive Talk Radio experience includes many successful years at KLSX. In Los Angeles he previously hosted a personality-oriented Talk show on KYSR and frequently filled-in at KFI. Stillwell will continue co-hosting the Sandy & Frosty Morning Show on KIOI Star 101.3 with Sandy Stec until his replacement is named.

"I am thrilled to get back to what I've done for the past two decades, Talk Radio. Talk 910 dominates the format in San Francisco," said Stillwelll. "While I loved being part of the music and personality show on Star 101.3, there was just no way I could pass up this enticing opportunity right down the hall to get back to my true passion."

"Frosty is a part of the new generation of Talk Radio. He’s a personality first, with a keen understanding of how to connect with an audience," said Don Parker, Vice President of Programming, Clear Channel Media and Entertainment San Francisco. "His addition to the Talk 910 lineup of Armstrong & Getty in mornings and Gil Gross in afternoons completes our powerhouse team of live and local Talk Radio that will dominate the Bay Area for years to come."

The Bay Area’s Talk 910 (910 AM) Weekday Programming Line-Up:
6 – 9 a.m. The Armstrong & Getty Show
9 a.m. – noon Rush Limbaugh
Noon – 3 p.m. The Frosty Show
3 – 7 p.m. The Gil Gross Show

A nationwide search will begin immediately to find the new co-host to partner with Sandy Stec on KIOI's morning show.

Another LOCAL talk show host is a good thing. He certainly has the experience. I thought Frosty & Sandy sounded good together on Star 101.3. It'll be interesting to see who his replacement is there.

I am outside the SFO DMA so am curious about the prior host in this slot, Tom Sullivan. How successful was his show on KKSF? He is a syndicated Fox News show, so it is obviously better to have Frosty, who is live and local. Yet, still did Tom Sullivan feel like he was also a good fit for Talk 910?

David at USC said:
I am outside the SFO DMA so am curious about the prior host in this slot, Tom Sullivan. How successful was his show on KKSF? He is a syndicated Fox News show, so it is obviously better to have Frosty, who is live and local. Yet, still did Tom Sullivan feel like he was also a good fit for Talk 910?

Why is it "better" to have Frosty? He's a very ho-hum talkshow host. Even though I disagree with Tom Sullivan politically, I at least found him interesting. The twice I've heard Frosty my ears frosted over.

DavidKaye said:
Why is it "better" to have Frosty? He's a very ho-hum talkshow host. Even though I disagree with Tom Sullivan politically, I at least found him interesting. The twice I've heard Frosty my ears frosted over.

Agreed. Though I didn't hear a lot, I was underwhelmed when he filled in for Gil Gross. And, how seriously can I take a guy who just calls himself "Frosty"?

DavidKaye - one of the reasons it is "better" is that live and local is generally preferred over a syndicated show. That is even more so the case in a large and desirable DMA (like SFO) with its ability to attract and retain quality talent. Today's show included conversations about construction plans at Union Square. Very cool topic, included an interview with a local journalist discussing local architecture issues.

Also, based on today's show it appears that Frosty plans to go deep into his local rolodex. In my book, any show is "better" when the host provides a platform for many other voices (guests as well as callers) as opposed to being a blowhard who preaches for 3 hours each and every day.

Some of the all-time greatest hosts listed in Talkers magazine are those who routinely had multiple guests appear on each and every show. I recall, for example, when Peter Jennings was ABC TV's anchor and he was a frequent guest on KGO and KABC.

David at USC said:
DavidKaye - one of the reasons it is "better" is that live and local is generally preferred over a syndicated show. That is even more so the case in a large and desirable DMA (like SFO) with its ability to attract and retain quality talent. Today's show included conversations about construction plans at Union Square. Very cool topic, included an interview with a local journalist discussing local architecture issues.

Also, based on today's show it appears that Frosty plans to go deep into his local rolodex. In my book, any show is "better" when the host provides a platform for many other voices (guests as well as callers) as opposed to being a blowhard who preaches for 3 hours each and every day.

Some of the all-time greatest hosts listed in Talkers magazine are those who routinely had multiple guests appear on each and every show. I recall, for example, when Peter Jennings was ABC TV's anchor and he was a frequent guest on KGO and KABC.

I'd have to agree. I actually liked when Frosty filled in for Gil and I listened to his show today to hear how he'd position his own show. His points about the Oaklahoma Storm Chasers that were killed were right on. After the wizards at Cumulus blew up KGO I thought local Talk was just a thing of the past, but glad it just keeps getting more local on KKSF. Although I'm shocked that CC is the company doing it. I wonder if the corporate guys know that their San Francisco operation has gone rogue!

Glad to hear he's moving to talk, I think he'll bring a fresh twist to the table for sure. The guy has been in the business this long for a reason. Anybody know what they're going to do with his position at Star? Any rumblings?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom