• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Adobe Audition and Windows 8?

whitfm said:
NHRadio said:
Think what you wish. AA3 and other older programs are indeed free.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

Just as a quick update, Adobe took this download page down yesterday. Hope you got a copy of Audition before they dropped it!

I just checked it. It's still up. You do need to have an Adobe account, and then acknowledge a disclaimer about outdated unsupported products.

Might be a really good time to score 2 or 3 windows XP laptops from craigslist or newegg, and just store them, using them in perpetuity until somebody comes out with something better for audio editors than 1.5 or 2. A person can buy one for under a hundred bucks these days. I mean, how much more advancement in technology do we seriously need specifically for audio editing at this point? Even if you feel the need to keep them off a network just as a DAW...

The Adobe "Cloud" . You subscribe to it. Monthly.
Audition CC is 19.195/month.

Is this the only way to get it now?

Last edited:
If CS6 works than lack of updates is ok! I do see people posting in the Audition groups having issues but nothing that kills it.
They haven't updated 1.5 or 2.0 (they are the standard in our plant) for years and no complaints from the gang.

I was one of the original Beta Testers for Cool Edit (before it became Cool Edit Pro and eventually Adobe Audition). I remember that version 1.0 had the ability to record (but not play) the Real Audio format. Syntrillium later released a patch which enabled Cool Edit Pro to record (and play) MP3 files.

Cool Edit Pro will not work on a Windows XP (or later) computer.

I own every version of the software.
I use Audition CS6 nearly every day in my home studio.

I've been using Adobe Audition 1.5 for YEARS for music editing etc. Has worked for me on XP, Windows 8 and now Windows 10 with no issues.

Cool Edit Pro will not work on a Windows XP (or later) computer.

Incorrect.

I can run CEP 1, 1.1, 1.2 on my Win10 Pro 64-bit OS without any issue. Don't even have to invoke Compatibility Mode. Heck, even Cool Edit 96 works perfectly on it. For daily work I use Audition CC 2015.

My CEP disk will not even load on any machine. With XP, it would start to load and then shut down with a warning that the software isn't compatible with XP.
Of course, mine is a very early disk. Released to beta testers before the product became available to the public.
It's not a bad disk.

Hey guys,

There is a website selling still the adobe audition cs6 and I read in your past forum post in January 2016 you were saying that cs6 works fine with windows 7? I have windows 7 64 bit. And also I have heard that it could work as well with windows 10? I am really debating about getting this old software because I am not fond of adobe newer model of the cloud paying a yearly subscription for adobe audition cc or what not monthly etc. I am just curious if adobe audition cs6 is really worth it? Currently I have wavepad sound editor by NCH it is an ok editing program but I did try the trial of adobe audition cs6 and it was pretty good kind of confusing at times learning curve but I did get some of it. I do voice overs from home and was wondering if you still recommend this software? This one place only has 9 copies left and I have a feeling that once it is gone there will be no more in stock. I just don't want to get it and in 4 years everyone will have to upgrade to windows 10 as by 2020 microsoft will stop doing updates for windows 7. I just hope it would work well on windows 10 by that time. So I just don't want to waste my money at all. I did like some of the features on adobe especially the conversion part of it{converting from wav to mp3 etc}. Wavepad has a noise reduction feature but when it is used it is like not the greatest at all adobe was better in that regard when I used it on trial

Sean

ok thanks very much for your reply! So is it a good program you think? Is it worth the money to get it? there is a place selling it for about $318 online and am really thinking of getting it. Im just worried about the no updates issue to the product anymore because it is an old software has that been an issue for you at all?

Not at all. Audition is widely used by broadcast stations.
I was a beta tester for the original product, Cool Edit Pro .... which became Adobe Audition.

thanks Frank for helping me with my questions. I just went ahead and bought Adobe Audition Cs6 it is well worth the money it seems. I really like it. Glad to hear I can continue to use it when I will have to upgrade to windows 10 in the years to come.

I'm so glad I was able to buy adobe audition cs6 instead of there nonsense paying monthly, yearly cloud thing they have now, no thanks top that.

My GM SWEARS by Cool Edit Pro. He won't believe me when I tell him that Audition is the same...

Does he swear by Windows Vista, too? :cool:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom