• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Jen Brien on WBZ

Cap-n Spackle said:
Was that the guy who'd play at most 10 minutes of comedy clips per hour and spend the rest of the time reading ad copy and taking calls from listeners where you'd only hear him, and not the caller?

NO! You're making Boston radio's favorite mistake. The guy you described was Ken MAYer. No relation to Larry Glick's producer, Ken MEYer. If you haven't listened to both of them, you are bound to confuse the two; the names are so similar. Currently, the biggest difference between the two is that Mayer is dead--and has been for well over a decade. Meyer is alive, and, I hope, well, after a heart attack a year or so ago.

they should get Carl desuze's kid in there...I hear her at some station on the Cape? or is RI? she's pretty funny. Her name is Samantha I believe.

I'm pretty sure I have heard her voice on the news casts. It makes sense that if she has been busy covering the events of this week, she wouldn't be on the overnight show.

LAUROJRM said:
She hasn't been on WBZ in a week. :(

Now it's longer than a week. Bradley J (or however he spells it--Jay; Jaye) was on on four consecutive nights last week and again last night. Granted, the conditions were unusual, and maybe that's the explanation, but it seems like, just a day or two before the bombings, he was saying his good byes to the WBZ audience: (something like, "you'll hear me again; I just can't say when or where") Hard to keep up with the various people WBZ is using overnights. Does the CBS Boston Web site address this issue? I've never been to that site.

I think I've said this before but my guess is that CBS Boston will keep this overnight shift as a part-time shift indefinitely. It saves them dough at a time when few people are listening but it still helps the BZ image as the show is local.

I think that both Bradley Jay and Morgan White Jr. are the only 2 listed on the website for the overnight shift. I have not seen Jen Brien listed at all. I hope that she comes back!

I emailed Jen; she will be back on the show tonight - Turns out she was sick... :(

The schedule is supposed to resume as it has been until BZ makes a decision...which I am guessing, this is their decision.

They really beat her up a bit last night didn't they. Guess that topic material doesn't fly that well in Boston...at least not with the overnight crowd. :-\

She was expressing her opinions about B.O. not talking a strong stance against terrorism, of "leading from behind". Check out her facebook, she said there were lots of posts on there in response to it.

I'm a long time BZ listener and am aware that the quality is going down..but this woman is the straw. I go to music if I hear her voice.
She doesn't seem bright enough for any meaningful conversation on relative matters let alone what's happening in this world. Sunshine of the night? I think not. She ought to go back to XTK and that ignoramus Ed Lambert. Ugh...what a duo they made. She didn't seem to have an independent thought when at XTK but she and Lambert did, indeed, have a cruel and mean streak occasionally about children and adults who have certain challenges in their lives. I can't imagine why she thinks anyone is interested in her personal life and her relationship with her mother. She sounds like a great candidate for psych eval. Broadcasting through the night should be about entertainment - Morgan, Bradley and Mel Simonds - let's be thankful for Dan, too.

Jen Brien seems like a nice person but she is not major market material even on a overnight shift. She strikes me as a total misfit who struggles to fit in. She reminds me of the college girl who hangs around the commuter club room all day looking for her new best friend.

If I am in the car late at night I will tune into her see what she is talking about. Last week she was talking with this prolific talk show caller Paul from Somerville who is always banging on about how liberals are to blame for all the problems in the world. He prefers the days when Somerville was represented by Sen Dennis McKenna and Rep. Vinny Piro two of the most corrupt members of the legislature because they were better with patronage than the current liberal legislators who represent Somerville.

At the end of the call, Jen invited Paul to email her his contact info because she "really wanted to hang out with him." This struck me as so odd because I believe she was sincere and because I have never heard a host make such a request.

Tuned in for a moment and a caller was recommending a show called "Democracy Now" with
"Amy Goodwin" (sic). Guess Jen hadn't heard of it...and it's Goodman btw...

She's a lot better than Bradley J. as long as she avoids the E.T./Bigfoot nonsense that can already be heard on 680 at the same time, and just about anything is better than Morgan White, who seems like a nice guy, but nice guys hosting shows where nice people call up so they can tell each other how nice they are isn't compelling radio.

swetepeony said:
I'm a long time BZ listener and am aware that the quality is going down..but this woman is the straw. I go to music if I hear her voice.
She doesn't seem bright enough for any meaningful conversation on relative matters let alone what's happening in this world. Sunshine of the night? I think not. She ought to go back to XTK and that ignoramus Ed Lambert. Ugh...what a duo they made. She didn't seem to have an independent thought when at XTK but she and Lambert did, indeed, have a cruel and mean streak occasionally about children and adults who have certain challenges in their lives. I can't imagine why she thinks anyone is interested in her personal life and her relationship with her mother. She sounds like a great candidate for psych eval. Broadcasting through the night should be about entertainment - Morgan, Bradley and Mel Simonds - let's be thankful for Dan, too.

Now now, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel! :D

raccoonradio said:
Tuned in for a moment and a caller was recommending a show called "Democracy Now" with
"Amy Goodwin" (sic). Guess Jen hadn't heard of it...and it's Goodman btw...

I hope he was also going to email her the instructions on how to make her tin foil hat.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom