• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Hot AC's that are chr-driven

butlerguy03

Frequent Participant
I'm looking to listen to a few Hot AC's that are really only HAC because they don't play harder urban/rhythmic tracks. Elimination of 90's and even early 00's is what I'm looking for on this post.

Maybe a CHR with a larger than typical Gold/Recurrent library would work too.

C95 from Saskatoon and Z99 from Regina are pop stations that play a lot of 2000's music as well and without too much classic rock or 1980's music mixed in. Saskatoon and Regina have FM classic hits stations, allowing the pop stations to focus more on 2000's to now.

For Internet radio, Live365 has a station called Now2K, pop songs from the 2000's to today. Over on Shoutcast, AddictedToRadio has a "mix" station.

Guess our 92.7/"The River" in Pierre-Chamberlain-Central South Dakota.. We are real CHR nights... Just switched...

WTMX Chicago plays more music that's been released in the last 5-6 years, but will play an occasional 90's song, & even an occasional 80's song. Otherwise, it's music that's mostly no more than 6 years old.

Mix 106.3 in Saginaw, Michigan. www.mix1063fm.com

Within the past decade or so this station has undergone quite a transformation, from soft AC (complete with Delilah) to hot mainstream AC (still with Delilah) to hot AC to now almost CHR-lite.

Dave said:
WTMX Chicago plays more music that's been released in the last 5-6 years, but will play an occasional 90's song, & even an occasional 80's song. Otherwise, it's music that's mostly no more than 6 years old.
And a lot more rhythmic material, in currents and golds, than most Hot ACs.

Here in Northern Indiana

we have 97.3 WMEE they go CHR-ish at night wmee.com/

100.3 in Angola, IN they are really interesting they even have a show called new music Friday which they play CHR, Country And even some Triple A like stuff you would not find anywhere else
they also carry AT40 and Open House Party wlki.com/

hope this helps

chrocket87 said:
Dave said:
And a lot more rhythmic material, in currents and golds, than most Hot ACs.
Forgot about that one too. That was done while Bonneville still owned the station, & never thought they'd go that route. Bonneville was more about keeping their formats conservative. Under Hubbard, it's loosened up a bit not just for WTMX, but also WILV & the WDRV/WWDV simulcast.

KALC/Denver and WQSM/Fayetteville are two of my favorites that are really CHR driven. Another is KQXY/Beaumont.

Well then here's another one that is one of my favorites but haven't listened to much lately, WRQX. They've always been a great station. I'm not sure if they're still leaning CHR, they were taking after WDVD for a while, but I think they've shifted back towards a streight Hot AC lately. Both that station and another sister WPLJ have gotten really CHR in their presentation.

KS 95 KSTP in Minneapolis.
I guess you could say they have really jumped over Hot AC and gone to Adult CHR.
Either way they have been a Hot AC for many years and are just enjoying the current crop of music.

KDMX 102.9 Now (formerly Mix 102.9) was CHR-driven for a short while as they were an Adult Top 40 station last year. Up until last October, they played songs from LMFAO, Pitbull, Usher, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, even Enrique Iglesias' "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" song featuring Ludacris. Now, they've reverted to their heritage Hot AC format due to Adult Top 40 being unsuccessful.

WDVD in Detroit is sort of CHR-driven; they are playing mainly currents/recurrents, they also bill themselves as "Today's Best Hits".

Though no longer in existence and not current, Detroit also had a Hot AC station in the 90s called Q95-5 that branded itself as a CHR station, but they played tons of 80s titles and was also a bit more rhythmic and current-heavy than most typical Hot AC stations of that era.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom