• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Fred Dockins

They are in a small town. The owner is busy with his other stations in another state, and needs someone who more or less can do it all.

This past September we drove through there, but was in someone else's vehicle so don't know what they were broadcasting or if they were on the air. The place looks decent, but there were no vehicles around..couldn't tell if anyone was on the premises or not.

The AM is WPRY 1400 AM, and has been around quite a while.

This topic is also on the North Florida board and got more responses there.

Superfly123 said:
What's wrong with these stations?

As Alan says, they are in a small town. But thats not the whole story, they are in a small town with TWO other FM stations! IMHO Perry just does not have the advertising dollars to support 4 radio stations (and I am counting the AM/FM translator as one station).

The way to make those stations profitable is to combine all four Perry stations under one ownership and offering four completely different formats as opposed to having three local country stations on FM. This will reduce costs while also offer the market diversified programming. With the combined signals from Tallahassee, Live Oak, Lake City and Gainesville, an argument can be made to the FCC there are enough voices in the local market to comply with local caps while serving the public interest

What about the small TV station channel 18 any news about that lately? They went on the air before the digital flip (short term) and now I guess they dont have the money to run it but just the radio stations only. I was talking about WFSD-TV 18 in Perry Fred Dockins has own that as well.

What about the small TV station channel 18 any news about that lately? They went on the air before the digital flip (short term) and now I guess they dont have the money to run it but just the radio stations only. I was talking about WFSD-TV 18 in Perry Fred Dockins has own that as well.

As far as I know, WFSD-TV is still on the air. When I checked several months ago, Fred Dockins himself was providing local news from his operation in Missouri. The TV newscast was well produced and was a class act.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom