• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Denver Broncos Streaming Online on KOA

B

Big Hugh

Yesterday I was onlind during the game and went to KOA's website. To my suprise the Denver Broncos game was streaming on their internet stream. I'm glad I was able to listen to the game online, but I thought the NFL did not allow radio stations to stream games.

Clear Channel & iHeartRadio must pay a lot of $$$ to the NFL to let them do it. I've heard quite a few games via TuneIn too. To the best of my immediate recollection, I don't think I've ever heard any CBS Radio stations streaming games online via Radio.com (But that doesn't mean they haven't done it either)

Cheers & 73 ;D

The collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the players' association used to specifically prohibit streaming. I believe it still does. Most likely, the board-op at KOA made a mistake and forgot to put alternate programming over the stream.

Kent said:
The collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the players' association used to specifically prohibit streaming. I believe it still does. Most likely, the board-op at KOA made a mistake and forgot to put alternate programming over the stream.

With the exception of the NHL, none of the pro leagues allow streaming over flagships' or affiliates' stations. Even the NBA, which doesn't charge like MLB and the NFL do, only allows streaming via their website.

Kent said:

The board-op did "not" make a mistake forgetting to put alternate programming over the stream. KOA airs all Broncos Football games over their stream. As a matter of fact, they heavily promote it on air. I have listened to many a Broncos game online when away from a radio or TV.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom