• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Your opinion please

Not bad so far, I have to listen for a good several hours but it has been promising so far. So far I heard Christie McVee, Joe Walsh, Sheryl Crow, New Radicals and Uptown Girls. So it seems to playlist is fairly balanced. Which is good because the 80's had some pretty good Pop and Rhythmic music as well , not just the rock.

Seems you created yourself an online radio station based on Cox's "Point" stations. Even adopted the "Best of the 80's and more" slogan, as well as naming it after the former. Plus playing a lot of the same music. Hope all goes well with this internet station, considering I was a fan of the former 101.5 The Point in Tampa. Best of Wishes!

Been listening for a few hours now and say you have a good mix of music. Heck you even played artists like Janet Jackson and Paul McCartney. However at the same time still played songs from Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, The Fixx and R.E.M. You have your New Wave, Post-Punk, Pop and Rock on one station, not even the big media companies could pull that off.

The 90's you have played certainly have a rock edge. Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind, Lemonheads to name 3 artists. I would suggest adding some rhythmic music to the playlist if not already. Artists like La Bouche, Ace of Base, Real McCoy, Corona and artists of the such.

Seems like the music from today blends in well with the 80's and 90's music. However only playing one song made within the last 5 years within 3 hours hardly qualifies as 80's to today. That doesn't matter much though, not much music from today blends in well with a largely 80's playlist. Besides when I want my 80's I want my 80's. That was the whole point with Cox's "Point" stations in the 1st place.

gamefreak said:
Been listening for a few hours now and say you have a good mix of music. Heck you even played artists like Janet Jackson and Paul McCartney. However at the same time still played songs from Tears for Fears, Depeche Mode, The Fixx and R.E.M. You have your New Wave, Post-Punk, Pop and Rock on one station, not even the big media companies could pull that off.

The 90's you have played certainly have a rock edge. Smashmouth, Third Eye Blind, Lemonheads to name 3 artists. I would suggest adding some rhythmic music to the playlist if not already. Artists like La Bouche, Ace of Base, Real McCoy, Corona and artists of the such.

Seems like the music from today blends in well with the 80's and 90's music. However only playing one song made within the last 5 years within 3 hours hardly qualifies as 80's to today. That doesn't matter much though, not much music from today blends in well with a largely 80's playlist. Besides when I want my 80's I want my 80's. That was the whole point with Cox's "Point" stations in the 1st place.

There are some 90's dance titles in there, but it's a big category so they don't spin as often as they should. Needs a little work.

There are some recurrents in there, but they don't come up often and I'm struggling with making them fit. They may come out because there may not be a proper place for them.

Okay... took the 2000's category out. It just made everything grind to a halt. Added more mid to late 80's dance/rhythmic titles. Still a couple of 90's songs floating around. We'll see how this works for the next week or so.

Listened to your station quite recently and LOVED IT! Now that the focus is Classic Alternative from the 80's and 90's it is much better.

Lots of music from Blondie, The B-52's, Depeche Mode and The Go-Go's. None of that Hair-Metal, Debbie Gibson and Ballad crap that happened to be popular back then.

Hardly any music from your playlist gets terrestrial radio airplay anymore. Bring it on!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom