• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Opie's tweet to Howard

opie radio ‏@OpieRadio 1Nov

Wow @HowardStern you couldn't even step up and do a couple extra shows this week while your core audience is in crisis! Lame bruh.

jhon bolaris was a guest on the stern show last week he even did his own show too
and he proposed too his longtime girlfriend too on the air

Meh, nobody's tuning in to nation-wide subscription radio for localized storm updates, let alone to Howard 100 or Opie and Anthony.

Howard IS irrelevant.. but apparently Sirius or uncle Mel hasn't gotten that memo because he's still being paid like he is.

Howard still brings in an audience. If he left subs would go down.

That said, most Sirius radios need to be plugged in to work. How's that going to work when you have no power?

Second, what's Howard Stern going to add to storm coverage?

I'm sure Howard will do what he does with most O&A related material; ignore it and it will go away.

WNTIRadio said:
Howard still brings in an audience. If he left subs would go down.

The question then becomes, would the loss in revenue from lost subscribers be offset by the savings in Howard's salary?

TTalkradio1 said:
Howard was supposed to change radio by going to satellite, and he was supposed to be as big as he was on FM.

You mean three shows a week, archived material, and shows hosted by interns doesn't constitute a radio revolution? :D

I can't remember the specific's but part Howard's original satellite deal was a stock bonus based increased subscription. IIRC he made million$$$. IIRC Howard lost a lawsuit against Sirius a couple of months ago over the XM Howard 100 subscriptions.

I am sure someone has the info and specifics on his deal and will get the correct numbers.

Who would want that stock anyway? If he got it when it was around $4 then he lost millions!

Howard did draw more attention and subs to satellite than anything else. The value of having him on AGT all summer was worth it alone for Sirius/XM, brings awareness to the brand and product.

If you own rewarded stock you can sell it after a certain time limit. If you want to keep the stock but protect yourself from falling prices you buy puts. Of course you have to be careful about "insider trading".

JollyRancher said:
i frankly could care less.
I Frankly (who is Frank, anyway?) wish that people would stop saying they could care less when they mean they couldn't care less.
If one does not care at all about something, then they could not care less.
One can not care less about something than not (at all).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom