• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

What other Canada and USA TV stations are around Lake Placid New York?...

thezak

Frequent Participant
What other Canada and USA TV stations are around Lake Placid New York?... besides
W55AI Channel 55 Lake Placid NY C-22 FCC Licensee Subsidiary, LLC Lambert Broadcasting of Burlington
WPTZ Channel 5 North Pole NY Hearst-Argyle Stations
WCFE-TV Channel 57 Plattsburgh NY Mountain Lake Public Television Council

WCAX-TV Channel 3 in Burlington, VT has to be close enough to be viewable there...

Plattsburgh native here! When I was a baby, my parents lived near Lake Placid in Ausable Foks. This was back in the 1970's. They complained for years afterward how they could only get 1 TV station in Au Sable (WPTZ), and that it went off at Midnight or 1 AM. Of course, when we moved to Plattsburgh, we had cable complete with Burlington and the Montreal stations. As for nowadays, you might also be able to get WVNY in Lake Placid. I miss the Adirondacks.

This subject probably belongs on the New York Television below, however, I do have a friend that lives in Tupper Lake and I'll ask her. I got a feeling she either has cable or satellite. I doubt many people in that area ever attempt to get off air.

thezak said:
What other Canada and USA TV stations are around Lake Placid New York?... besides
W55AI Channel 55 Lake Placid NY C-22 FCC Licensee Subsidiary, LLC Lambert Broadcasting of Burlington
WPTZ Channel 5 North Pole NY Hearst-Argyle Stations
WCFE-TV Channel 57 Plattsburgh NY Mountain Lake Public Television Council

Best information I have is that W55AI has been deleted.

The FCC's propagation curves program suggests the following stations should deliver a usable signal to Lake Placid:

WCAX-TV channel 3, Burlington, Vermont (RF channel 22) CBS 3.1, news 3.2
WPTZ channel 5, North Pole, New York (RF channel 14) NBC 5.1, MeTV 5.1
WVNY channel 22, Burlington, Vermont (RF channel 13) ABC 22.1 & 22.2
WNMN channel 40, Saranac Lake, New York (RF channel 40) RTV 40.1, Antenna TV 40.2, My 40.3, A1 40.4, AMG 40.5, RSN 40.6
WCFE-TV channel 57, Plattsburgh, New York (RF channel 38) PBS 57.1, MHz 57.2, PBS World 57.3

Curves is not the gold standard for DTV coverage, your mileage may vary!

WFFF, the Fox affiliate out of Burlington, is relatively low powered and not predicted to reach Lake Placid. No Canadian station really makes it either -- the closest seems to be CJOH-TV-8 channel 8 out of Cornwall, Ontario (analog).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom