• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Christmas Radio in the Twin Cities

• Thread starter Rube Dali the DodoHorse
  • Start date
R

Rube Dali the DodoHorse

After KQQL(Kool 108) gave up on the Yuletide tunes last year, ceding the space to the KMNB(Buz'n 102.9), will Clear Channel have the heart(so to speak) to return the Holiday tunes to Kool, or is their obsession of bringing down KQRS preventing such a move? If it does, I could see Cumeless flipping the Love 105 trio to rip listeners from Kool 108 and KSTP-FM.

Last winter KOOL 108 did not lose by not going all-Christmas. It's hard to fathom, with KOOL still growing and KQ still shrinking, that CC will risk all-Christmas.

Love 105 makes sense, since they are trying to go after WLTE's audience.

Wright County Guy said:
Last winter KOOL 108 did not lose by not going all-Christmas. It's hard to fathom, with KOOL still growing and KQ still shrinking, that CC will risk all-Christmas.

Love 105 makes sense, since they are trying to go after WLTE's audience.
I definitely could see Love 105 flipping for yule tunes, but then again, seeing the latest ratings might convince Cumulus to not flip the Love 105's so they can go after KOOL 108 to protect KQ. We'll know soon enough whether rating envy forces a switch, otherwise, the Twin Cities will be without a Christmas outlet on FM(This assumes KLBB goes all-yule, as it has done in the past).

chrocket87 said:
Maybe KTWN should go all-Xmas then start 2013 with a new format.

If the Pohlad's were interested in flipping the format to Sports(possibly with a CBS or NBC affiliation, but with local talkers mixed) to go along with the Twins, then this is possible. But since they're committed to their current quasi-Jack format, I highly doubt they're flipping to Christmas music for the Holidays.

Wright County Guy said:
Rube Dali said:
Per Northpine.com, Kool 108 will go all-Christmas November 16th, a full month earlier than last year.

Disappointing.

But in the context of what happened last Christmas Night when WLTE became Buz'n, not unexpected in the least. And this when Kool 108 is within half a point of KQRS.

Wright County Guy said:
Love 105 did flip today (11-12) to all Yule. Would KOOL go all Christmas weekend...and go back to the Classic Hits Monday morning?
I'm shocked that Love 105 flipped so soon, but it certainly has caused a pause at KOOL. The fact that Cumulus did a flip this quickly probably forces KOOL to not flip full time until it's absolutely necessary.

Don't know what happened too the most recent posts, but Love 105 has flipped to Christmas music Tuesday. This I didn't expect.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom