• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Houston radio decals

We had a good time on KNUZ back in the 1970s. I had an opportunity to work with some great DJs there. most were holdovers from the rock 'n roll days, like Joe Ford and Larry Vance. Of course, Arch Yancey was the PD in those days. He left KIKK and came back to KNUZ when it went Country Fresh in the Spring of 1973. many of us there agreed on one thing,"too bad we're not on FM."

Stickers

I have bumper stickers from KILT and KIKK from the 90's including the "KIKKup Truck" and "Proud to be a KIKKer" versions. I may have some of the newer KIKK pre Young Country as well. I think I have some X97 from Bay City. I have a couple of the Oldies 94.5 Beetle stickers as well. I may even have some Corpus Christi stickers if you're interested in that market. I'll have to dig these up and make sure I have a couple extras. PM me.

I'd like to buy a KIKKup Truck and aI'm proud to be a KIKK'r sticker.

I know several years ago the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo asked us at KILT-FM to stop handing out stickers. People were sticking them all over the Astrodome complex and they were a pain in the butt to remove them all. After a while other venues like the Woodlands started asking stations to stop bringing them as well. I think it was more the lack of big places to hand them out and the waste of money from them being thrown in the trash or that ended the stickers at stations.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom