• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Mexico FM DX ID help please?

w9wi

Star Participant
Had a pretty good skip opening this morning. Mostly from the north (North Dakota, Manitoba) but there were a few minutes of Mexican signals. Both provided enough information to be potentially IDd, but I didn't succeed with either one:

- 96.1 @ 1138 CDT:
"Ke Buena". Station was also on Central Time. (gave time check with same time as my local) Web search suggests only Ke Buena on 96.1 is KRQB in California. But they wouldn't be on Central Time -- and the Ke Buena I heard was running Mexican government PSAs and an ad for a Mexican political party. Presumably this material wouldn't air on a U.S.-based station. Yes, I did also search it with "Que" spelled correctly :) .

- 93.5 @ 1207 CDT:
"Milenio Radio 93.5", also mentioned 1020 AM. Milenio Radio's website doesn't admit to any stations on 93.5, nor to anything on FM. New AM-to-FM conversion, I suppose, but why isn't it on Milenio's website on either frequency?

If you haven't already, you should bookmark Fred Cantu's brilliant Mexican radio and TV directory:
http://mexicoradiotv.com

A quick use of the site's search function shows a 96.1 Ke Buena in Ciudad Victoria, Tamaulipas (XHTAM)

Unfortunately, nothing comes up for Milenio on either 1020 or 93.5 - it may be a recent convert.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom