• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WPEN-HD2

ksradiogeek said:
Is the classical format on 97.5-HD2 local or satellite fed?

<shrugs> not sure, but once WWFM has its HD2 signal available on 89.5 (apparently piggybacking WKVP) I would think that would be a much more interesting choice, with the commentary between pieces that WPEN-FM-HD2 lacks...

This presumption is based on WWFM's website...living in Allentown HD2 signals from Philly are spotty.

As for the source of the classical programming, I wonder if it's the same as "Classica" on iheartradio? Aka a national classical feed?

http://www.iheart.com/live/4592/

Just a guess.

Richard in Allentown

ksradiogeek said:
Is the classical format on 97.5-HD2 local or satellite fed?
Sounds in-house to me. I'd read somewhere awhile back that the format was a favorite of 97.5 management, but as Richard points out, it's just wall to wall music without personalities. The HD-2 text indicates the piece that's playing. (One wonders if this is a backdoor way of Greater Media trying to atone for killing WFLN.)

rdcuffpa1 said:
<shrugs> not sure, but once WWFM has its HD2 signal available on 89.5 (apparently piggybacking WKVP) I would think that would be a much more interesting choice.

That is interesting. I wonder if WWFM is thinking of translating the HD-2 to an analog translator in the Philly area, as they did (directly from 89.1) on 107.9 years ago. They'd have to get access to an existing translator, no easy feat I suspect. As for listening to WWFM and its HD-2 jazz service, they're readily available through internet streaming which more have access to than HD.

As for the source of the classical programming, I wonder if it's the same as "Classica" on iheartradio? Aka a national classical feed?
The programming on PEN-HD2 doesn't match Classica, though it was interesting listening to the two side by side on two sound systems - kind of a modern/atonal effect. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom