• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

99.1 WNEW Has An Internet Stream

John Holcomb II said:
Okay so what's actually on 99.1?

News isnt on until the 9th. Right now it is looping the entire 48 hour "History of Rock and Roll" produced by Drake-Chernault. The commercial breaks are just promos for the news format, 106.7, and 94.7.

Radio-X

John Holcomb II said:
Wow wish someone could record that 48 hour special for me. I've never heard it. I'd be willing to trade...

I'm not sure if I can record all 48 hours worth...my computer won't be up to it! I can definitely do several hours worth tomorrow or Monday. Mind you, I'm 70 miles from the transmitter site close to 107.7 in a first floor condo so the signal ranges from near-perfect to pretty iffy but listenable.

I also have the attempted flip from WFSI to WLZL that went poorly due to technical problems. At some point that will be available too.

Radio-X

John Holcomb II said:
Wow wish someone could record that 48 hour special for me. I've never heard it. I'd be willing to trade...

The long-defunct Ken R. LLC is the only one I know that was authorized to sell the History of Rock and Roll (1982 version). Along with an accompanying 99-year license to broadcast it over-the-air.

My biggest regret is failing to buy the entire set before Ken R. shut down in 2006.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom