• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

SHELLIE HART OUT AT CLEAR CHANNEL

That is so sad...she was the ONLY reason why I listened to that station full of repetitive stuff...won't be tuning in anymore.

Alison didn't leave by choice. She was asked to step down and given the chance to save face to make it look like it was her idea. It was not.
Who's next?

Don't these things always happen on a Friday or the day before a holiday weekend? What up with that? A Monday? Come on, get it together!

How about the Wednesday before Thanksgiving? Or maybe Friday, 12/23 right before Christmas! Perfect! ~

Hang in there, more RIF's to come. This is only the second wave. 2012 budgets have not been finalized and unfortunately, there will be more trimming.

Wait until you hear the rhetoric on the Premium Choice junk, pretty funny.

Well known financial fact: The axe drops more often and without remorse during Q4. Oct, Nov, Dec. It's when the numz come in for the first nine months and owners, managers and yes, accountants re-position the ship for the next fiscal year. It has little to do with rateings, popularity of the air staff or even how well a salesperson is doing. Top gross is not what really drives it. Accountants step in and the only way they think and act, as we all know is debit/credit, profit/no profit, paid/unpaid, plus/minus.
They dont operate under the "wiggle-room concept. This is why, in almost every situation where a company goes bust or into forced ownership transfer the very last person to go out the door and lock up is..you guessed it.

Does anyone know how to get in touch Alison Hess and Bob Nordberg?

FMSteve said:
Or maybe Friday, 12/23 right before Christmas! Perfect! ~
Comcast is letting their NW staff go at that time, they even cut the date up a little bit to short them two days of pay out of the pay period *and* the holiday week.

ksradiogeek said

"Hmmm...DoorMatt from Kiss and Harrison Wood from KUBE?"

NO, they are getting rid of people who actually make money.

notalent-Ok. So...Jackie and Bender, then? Or are they just too popular to fire? I know they're under contract until 2014. If they go, I don't think I'd be listening to Kiss anymore, js.

Where do you think she will end up at next? I keep thinking Movin', but, then again, they're not a Rhythmic AC anymore. Although, some CC talent moved over there (Jubal, Justin).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom