• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

English (Spanglish) Language Radio

J

JKC95

It seems that several broadcasters are experimenting with stateside type formats with their announcers and imaging in Spanglish. Magic 97.3 and now Hot 102. Will these stations register in the ARB Ratings? Has anyone heard FM stations from the U.S. Virgin Islands? There are several good ones doing CHR modified for the islands as well as some rock delivered and AC formats all done locally/no satellite!

JKC,

See my post in that other thread you were in.....you sent me an Isle 95 sun visor for my reception from FL in 1984!

Was in the USVI in 2004 and listened to some local stuff. I even went to the C'sted Radio Shack & bought an outdoor antenna, then drove* to that easternmost point.....was nice to catch both 95.5's in Anguilla & Montserrat!**

As to your OP, I guess I can't answer for anything else. :)

BTW when did the three 100 kW BVI stations shut down, and why didn't they stay afloat? And what happened to ZBTV?

* (having no idea that you guys drive on the left! 3 times I got honked to move over!)
**I donated the antenna to a guy there who lived high on a hill. Hoped he used it well! All this should be in the DX & Reception board, I know.

cd

JKC95 said:
It seems that several broadcasters are experimenting with stateside type formats with their announcers and imaging in Spanglish. Magic 97.3 and now Hot 102. Will these stations register in the ARB Ratings?

There are no Arbitron ratings for the USVI; its population level and economy probably could not sustain a survey.

And USVI stations generally don't penetrate enough of PR to be able to meet the minimum requirements for being rated there.

Re: BVI 100KW Stations

The BVI stations (100KW) were sold and never got back on the air because of tower site issues. A local family in Tortola owns the land and doing a deal with a U.S. Citizen was problamatic. The owner of the stations in Tortola also owns stations on St. Thomas. High electricity costs and an over saturated market makes running a radio station challenging in the USVI and BVI.

I am new to this forum and came across it this morning. Do I know any of you guys personally?
Jonathan keyes

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom