• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

WORST NC STATIONS OF ALL TIME

Willis not only ruined North Carolina stations, but in my home state as well. Many of those once great old hometown stations have gone dark never to return. WWDF 720 AM in Jackson, MS had a big old 5000 watt signal that had a loud 60 hz hum in the audio that sounded like an old tube radio with a bad power supply capacitor. Completely drowned out the programming. 100.9FM in Utica, MS had all the sound coming out of one speaker for over a year. Something that could have been fixed simply by switching the transmitter to mono. Other stations around the state were badly distorted as if someone cranked the level up into the red making any music or voice unitelligble. It's sad what these people did to some of these once proud stations.

Which clearly shows the FCC doesn't care. It's just a money making machine for the government. I hate to say that.

Daze,
WVCB is absolutely horrible. I went in there one time and they had the mic hanging from a chain in the ceiling in the control room. Summer before last, I drove thru Shallotte from Myrtle Beach. I could not pick them up from the NC/SC state line, not even at the big car dealership at the south end of town...I faintly picked them up about a half mile before I got into town, but really didn't get the signal good until I was at the red light where the BB&T is at the south end of town, and I lost them when I turned onto the 17 by-pass at the north end of town...and almost all I heard was the lady(I guess the owner's daughter??) talking about the weather for "our friends in the mountains around Asheville)....no spots, 1 gospel song then the weather for the state. Sad.

It does have a bodaciously big cross out front. I always thought Shallotte had a big-enough business district and far enough from Myrtle Beach to be unique. Unless you're going to do right by the southern gospel format, drop it. Do your own version of beach music. STREAM. IF you can ever down the road get an FM translator (if that's possible), DO IT. Act like you have a future. Otherwise, thin the herd.

Last edited:
You have to include WSQL Brevard on this list. 1240 and now 102.1. They did sound decent
for a short time a few years ago. Not now.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom