Thread: Bid 4 spots ?

Bid 4 spots ?

I don't know if this has been posted before. Has anyone tried Bid4spots. What is your opinion. Thanks.
    WLYB FM
    96.3 Demopolis AL.
    100.5 Meridian Mississippi.

WRYC FM
    92.5 Frisco City/Monroeville

DoubleC

Re: Bid 4 spots ?

We use them but we get very little Money..I love it when I bid 1 dollar a spot and they say Sorry other stations have a lower CPP..... WTF

Exactly! They are about a 60 day pay and is pretty much a joke. If I can get a hundred a week I think I have a $500 a month account.

More often than not they are a waste.

Although sometimes not. try it. But don't get caught up.
    Radio is a mass medium.  It plays what the most people want to hear.  If you don't like what is on, vote with the tuning knob.

Less than a dollar a hollar, that's just sad.

DoubleC

They are awful I bid 50 cents a spot to see what happens and they said a station with a lower cpm won SAD

Just because a $1 spot rate is declined doesn't mean someone else is taking less than $1 per spot. Like you stated, someone else took a lower CPM or CPP, this doesn't mean a lower spot rate.

Example:

Station A: 500 AQH (very common small market AQH)
    $1 spot = $2 CPM (takes two spots to accomplish 1,000 impressions)

Station B: 2,500 AQH
    $4 spot = $1.60 CPM (for $4 they get 2,500 impressions)

So, even though Station B's spot rate is 4x higher, the CPM is lower, therefore the better deal. The advertiser is paying less per set of ears.

Posts are my personal opinions and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, our employees, advertisers, partners, affiliates. Only two at this price, stock # 85732 and 87231, see dealer for details.