Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Best FM signals in CT

Re: Best FM signals in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Time Traveler
    WCCC is audible to just about the New York State border to the west...and to Worcester to the east....
    I sometimes listen while on the Amtrak Vermonter Train good ol'e scotch tape to the window
    As for CCC in SW CT it only makes it to about Wilton CT from Danbury to Norwalk it is sporatic on Rt.7
    I feel that sometimes I live in the Country/Rock format hole of the Northeast. NJ/NYC have WSOU and that country 106.3 from NJ and WRAT, WDHA... Danbury has Kix 105.5 and CCC etc...
    SW Ct/ most of Westchester County NY I feel all we have is a lot of Rock N Roll but No Godsmack, Korn or Mudvayne kind of music for instance... WRXP for some odd reason music is usually too soft alternative for me.
    at Least Q-104.3 HD-2 is awesome. it does not cut out anymore under normal weather conditions like it used to. I hope it Never Changes. Its the I-heart Rock Nation radio stream but with the added q-104.3 imaging guy which you don;t get with the online stream only on HD.
    Past college radio DJ<br />WWLR, WXCI,&nbsp; Naussau Broadcasting WMOO/WIKE

Re: Best FM signals in CT

Quote Originally Posted by Time Traveler
    When I used to live in Amherst, Ma WCCC used to blast in like a local!!! Stronger than any of the other existing Rock stations at the time...which included WHCN (AOR days) and WAAF from the Paxton transmitter. WCCC is audible to just about the New York State border to the west...and to Worcester to the east....
    Because of it's tx location NW of Hartford, WCCC is stronger in parts of western MA than most other Hartford stations (WTIC-FM excepted). However, it does not reach any farther west or significantly north of the West Peak signals and it's Achilles' Heel is in southern CT where it has a lousy signal. Even in Waterbury, it's a bit shaky thanks to terrain. So, it's good - but not the best.

This discussion may well yield different answers were it not for adjacent and (increasingly shoehorned) co-channel signals coming from nearby markets. As the landscape exists now, I reiterate my nominations of WDRC-FM and WKCI.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234