• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

I've taken up "KNIT" ing

KNIT. Those are the call letters for 1480 licensed to Dallas. The seek scan on the car radio made a stop by there last week. I'd pretty much forgotten about them as no doubt all of you have too.

Format is a mix of Jesus rock of all types including black gospel. But in the afternoon there is some sort of real-estate type show talking about foreclosures.
That show sounds syndicated. In several days of on and off listening I haven't heard anything but individual cuts of music or the people talking real estate. Of course, I haven't heard an ID of any kind.

I don't know how old the sat photo on google maps is but it doesn't look like they've added towers to their SE Dallas county site, they need 7 if they build out their 50KW day CP.

I've probably been their only listener in the last few days. Gotta a believe it's a computer at the transmitter running the show!

Another thing....since ESPN has started operating their Deportes format and 1540, that signal is modulating a whole lot better these days.

Last I heard, the owner was James Crystal Enterprises of Florida, who I believe is a timeshare property hawker (ala Silverleaf Resorts here in town.) Is that what the real estate portion is talking about?

For the radio oldtimers here, it was a coming-full-circle moment six years ago when Salem acquired KNIT-1480 (which they flipped about 7 months later)...sitting on the board of Salem as a VP was Ken Scott Gaines, who was known in the 1960s as disc jockey and PD Ken "Great" Scott on KBOX-1480!

Surely there's enough folks out there wanting to lease time on an AM to make those mornings at KNIT profitable. (I know I get misdirected emails fairly often, wanting to lease time from me.) Or perhaps that's what the Jesus Rock is already?

MikeShannon914 said:
Last I heard, the owner was James Crystal Enterprises of Florida, who I believe is a timeshare property hawker (ala Silverleaf Resorts here in town.) Is that what the real estate portion is talking about?

For the radio oldtimers here, it was a coming-full-circle moment six years ago when Salem acquired KNIT-1480 (which they flipped about 7 months later)...sitting on the board of Salem as a VP was Ken Scott Gaines, who was known in the 1960s as disc jockey and PD Ken "Great" Scott on KBOX-1480!

Surely there's enough folks out there wanting to lease time on an AM to make those mornings at KNIT profitable. (I know I get misdirected emails fairly often, wanting to lease time from me.) Or perhaps that's what the Jesus Rock is already?

As I understand it, the time has been leased 24/7 to a minister who (I think) is in Grapevine and he operates it by remote via internet as there currently is no studio. He is the one reselling the air time. All the above is as of the first couple of weeks in March. That may or may not be the case right now. This info is only as good as the last check (his check = as in $$$)... I reference the post about 1110AM as a similar situation.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom