• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

NPR CEO SCHILLER RESIGNS

Was the development director family to Vivian in any way? Having the same surname seems fishy...

Finally!

I for one am of the opinion that she should have been ousted long ago, but this does little to repair the massive damage I think she caused not just the network, but the member stations as well.

From the NPR statement regarding Vivian's resignation:

"The Board accepted her resignation with understanding, genuine regret, and great respect for her leadership of NPR these past two years..."

Respect? And "great" respect, at that? On what planet?

And while NPR releases that, one of NPR's own (updated at the link in the original post) says this:

"I'm told by sources that she was forced out," NPR's David Folkenflik just said on Morning Edition.

Say hi to Viv on the unemployment line, Dave.

DToTheJ said:
From the NPR statement regarding Vivian's resignation:

"The Board accepted her resignation with understanding, genuine regret, and great respect for her leadership of NPR these past two years..."

Respect? And "great" respect, at that? On what planet?

Resignation as in "here's your golden parachute now don't let the door hit you in your a$$ on the way out. "

Ron Schiller assured the fake contributors that NPR wasn't controlled by Jews like other media (newspapers). He insults the taxpayers that help fund NPR and its stations--BY FORCE.

Let the FCC allow them to go commercial--make lots of money, fine by me--just don't get taxpayers
to fund biased programming (or any programming). This is why NPR flopped; liberals already had their
mouthpiece out there, on huge taxpayer funded outlets. This is LPR. Liberal Public Radio.

raccoonradio said:
Let the FCC allow them to go commercial--make lots of money, fine by me

Commercial stations won't let it happen. They pay taxes and have far more influence over government policy.

raccoonradio said:
I can dream I guess...

also Ron Schiller says he won't take the Aspen Inst. job, in light of his statements

Perhaps you should read this:

http://nprcheck.blogspot.com/

This is a blog from an out-and-out leftist who claims that NPR has capitulated to the right. I think the guy's crazy and interprets "Official Washington" as "right-wing" instead of the pragmatic decision it is, but it proves to me that if the extremes on both sides hate NPR so much, then they must be doing something right.

raccoonradio said:
Ron Schiller says he won't take the Aspen Inst. job, in light of his statements

I believe, if what I read is correct, that it was the Aspen Institution that decided that Ron Schiller would not be working for that organization following his appearance on You Tube.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom