• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

HOT 107.9 ATL, diss some isssh!

Well damn! I guess V-103 will definitely have nothing to worry about now for sure be if people start to boycott Hot 107.9. Greg Street, Lil Bankhead, and DJ Infamous will wind up winning nights for sure by default because of ET's big ass mouth.

kilamanjero said:
Well damn! I guess V-103 will definitely have nothing to worry about now for sure be if people start to boycott Hot 107.9. Greg Street, Lil Bankhead, and DJ Infamous will wind up winning nights for sure by default because of ET's big ass mouth.

ET hasn't been on for 2 nights in a row. So is Bankhead and Infamous a part of Greg Street's show daily or just for fill ins?

ShawtyBlack_ATL said:
kilamanjero said:

ET hasn't been on for 2 nights in a row. So is Bankhead and Infamous a part of Greg Street's show daily or just for fill ins?

Bankhead now produces Greg Street's show, and Infamous does Mondays nights on the "9 O'Clock Mixtape". Also "The Takeover" hosted by Bankhead and Infamous is officially on-air after Street relinquished Saturday nights. Word is that whenever Street decides to step down, they are being groomed to be his likely replacements.

Man HOT 107.9 ain't been right since the old glory days of HOT97.5, their djs aren't the same and the music that they play aren't the same. I remember when 107.9 would break local artists even before V-103, but since Steve Hedgewood and Smokin Jerry B left they really don't have the image that they used to have which was ATL's Hip-Hop station and with ET running his mouth shows that they have lost themselves. I hate to say it, but if Bankhead and Infamous do take Greg Streets position, I think V-103, will takeover the urban population just like they did before HOT signed on in the mid 90's. I grew up with both stations and HOT used to be the station I would turn to for all the new ATL and downsouth underground hip-hop is it me or does it look like V-103 is headed that way? Either way HOT needs to look at themselves in the mirror and remember what artist made them who they are today in ATL.

IamHipHopradio, it's not just you, V is taking it literally to the streets when it comes to music these days. They are even running an on-air promo saying "We Run the Streets". They are breaking local R&B and hip-hop artists left and right these days. Soul artist K'LA & Block Entertainment's Jacquees & Yung Chris aka "YC" are among some of the locals they are giving some major shine.

Jerry Smokin B and Wayne Brown....classic HOT107.9. Yeah, HOT ain't da same man. The originators of the Hot Carphone Check-In and Cutt Up Mixes.

Today i heard an hour mix of reggae at noon on v-103 by dj baby yu . Is this something new V-103 have started in recent weeks because they was getting a lot of good feed backs from Caribbean listeners in the Atlanta area.

I thought the hour reggae mix was done every Saturday, or sometime during the weekend on V. I'm not exactly sure, but there has been an hour reggae slot at least once during a weekend midday for the past couple of weeks I've checked.

KDM 7000 said:
I thought the hour reggae mix was done every Saturday, or sometime during the weekend on V. I'm not exactly sure, but there has been an hour reggae slot at least once during a weekend midday for the past couple of weeks I've checked.

On a side note, we have 2 reggae pirate stations that serves the Eastside of town very well.

hiphopRadio said:
Today i heard an hour mix of reggae at noon on v-103 by dj baby yu . Is this something new V-103 have started in recent weeks because they was getting a lot of good feed backs from Caribbean listeners in the Atlanta area.

Yeah, it is new. It's hosted by Osei and Baby Yu and been a fixture for about 2 months now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2Z_Bl8t41pM

So this is the update, the explanation of the old video.
Now, I had completely understood 1000% of why ET said he wouldn't take the money for airplay.
Everyone industry wide knows that's "payola" and will get you fired instantly from your job as a DJ/AT.

Many artists don't understand that.

Now they said that the video was edited as ET was calling out Jeezy, which was not a good look. In the 2yr old video, ET says f--k you and your money, I felt his approach was wrong overall on how to handle it, whoever he was aiming the rant to.

In this video, ET says he is sick of artists approaching him with music and money. Brah, this is the life, career you chose, and until you get out of the industry, folks will approach you.

Music artists don't understand the radio industry as much as radio folk dont understand the music industry. So let them know you can't do pay for play but make sure its done in the right way. Cuz now we see what can happen down the road. -video

IamHipHopradio said:
Man HOT 107.9 ain't been right since the old glory days of HOT97.5, their djs aren't the same and the music that they play aren't the same.
Holy moley, this is breaking news! ;D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom