• Get involved.
    We want your input!
    Apply for Membership and join the conversations about everything related to broadcasting.

After we receive your registration, a moderator will review it. After your registration is approved, you will be permitted to post.
    If you use a disposable or false email address, your registration will be rejected.

After your membership is approved, please take a minute to tell us a little bit about yourself.
    https://www.radiodiscussions.com/forums/introduce-yourself.1088/

Thanks in advance and have fun!
    RadioDiscussions Administrators

Moby Kicks Kicks When They're Down

This morning at the top of the show, Moby took a call from a guy who said that "I used to listen to you on Kicks." Moby then joked to the listener that "nobody listens to Kicks... you've seen the ratings..."

True, while WKHX is four spots ahead of WUBL, they're trending downward (6.0-5.6-5.2) to WUBL's rise (3.9-4.3-4.6).

By the way, WTSH is holding steady with its third 0.2 finish in a row.

DToTheJ said:
This morning at the top of the show, Moby took a call from a guy who said that "I used to listen to you on Kicks." Moby then joked to the listener that "nobody listens to Kicks... you've seen the ratings..."

True, while WKHX is four spots ahead of WUBL, they're trending downward (6.0-5.6-5.2) to WUBL's rise (3.9-4.3-4.6).

By the way, WTSH is holding steady with its third 0.2 finish in a row.
WNGC--which also carries Moby--came in with a 0.5.

It will be interesting to see what happens to WTSH when 107.5 moves their stick to NorX, letting WTSH go to a full 100k and pick up a LOT more of the ATL. Of course, considering all of the ownership changes of Southern Broadcasting's stations, the long-term future of South 107 may be up in the air (sale, flip, LMA, etc.) as a result of that power-up.

Considering how Kicks dumped Moby (for being too country!?!), Moby can say whatever he wants about them. Z93 didn't treat him right either, but that was an ill-fitting hire to begin with.

jabba17 said:
...considering all of the ownership changes of Southern Broadcasting's stations, the long-term future of South 107 may be up in the air...

Yeah, they're officially owned by something called "Woman's World Broadcasting." I reckon that might be one of the first things to be changed soon.

DToTheJ said:
jabba17 said:
...considering all of the ownership changes of Southern Broadcasting's stations, the long-term future of South 107 may be up in the air...

Yeah, they're officially owned by something called "Woman's World Broadcasting." I reckon that might be one of the first things to be changed soon.
I'm not sure what that entity is besides the licensee of record. It might be some kind of corporate structuring under the Southern Broadcasting umbrella (maybe someone's wife owns 51% of something to get some kind of "disadvantaged" SBA government benes or something). Or it could be some kind of legacy name, like many of the CC stations still having licensees of record in the name of their former owners like "Citicasters" or "Jacor", or the Cumulus (CMP) stations with "Susquehanna Radio".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.
Back
Top Bottom